Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
A quick question regarding this species. I have the opportunity to pick up an AF Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati at a local reptile store. I called the store and was told that a T keeper left the hobby and sold/gave (not sure which) his tarantulas to this reptile store. The C. hati hati is selling for $155 and according to them, a confirmed female at 5-6" DLS. Now, there is an expo this weekend and I may have the opportunity to pick up a C. hati hati (not sure if I can find a female there). I am particularly looking for a sexed female because of the limitation regarding the amount of tarantulas I can have in my house. I was wondering if I could get some insights and opinions regarding keeping an already mature female vs. raising T's from slings. Are there any significant differences? Another question: When a tarantula is already mature, do they regain their coloration after a molt? In other words, if their color looks drab before molting, do the colors brighten up again after a molt even if they are an already mature T? TIA

P.S. Sorry for the bad English. English is actually my 3rd language so it's fairly difficult for me to remember all the rulers pertaining to the languages I speak.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Care remains the same. Although they are likely more tolerant to drier conditions.

Colors always look better after a molt. That's pretty common knowledge. These are an ow species with a nasty bite and bad temper. Be warned.

Deep moist sub with climbing space. Don't expect to see it much once it settles in.

Your English is great, I thought it was your first. :)

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
Care remains the same. Although they are likely more tolerant to drier conditions.

Colors always look better after a molt. That's pretty common knowledge. These are an ow species with a nasty bite and bad temper. Be warned.

Deep moist sub with climbing space. Don't expect to see it much once it settles in.

Your English is great, I thought it was your first. :)
Great! Thanks for the info! I just honestly can't decide if I should grab the female.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Great! Thanks for the info! I just honestly can't decide if I should grab the female.
If I had a limited amount I could keep. Hatihati wouldn't make it in the top 30 species. They're average sized, reasonably pretty, and very reclusive. Not too many pros. Lampropelma violaceopes best them in everything, except reclusiveness.

Slings are quite cheap in Canada. If I wanted a adult female, I'd buy 5 for 50 bucks and raise them, then sell off excess males and females to profit. I hear they're expensive elsewhere, so it's up to you

Storm1028

Arachnosquire
If I had a limited amount I could keep. Hatihati wouldn't make it in the top 30 species. They're average sized, reasonably pretty, and very reclusive. Not too many pros. Lampropelma violaceopes best them in everything, except reclusiveness.

Slings are quite cheap in Canada. If I wanted a adult female, I'd buy 5 for 50 bucks and raise them, then sell off excess males and females to profit. I hear they're expensive elsewhere, so it's up to you
Interesting. I am really interested in this species because they are found near my hometown. It just makes it real special and brings back good memories.:) I was told they grow to 8", and it appears that is not the case?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Interesting. I am really interested in this species because they are found near my hometown. It just makes it real special and brings back good memories.:) I was told they grow to 8", and it appears that is not the case?
8"? No, I believe it's closer to 5.5-6".

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
In general this genus tends to be on the bigger side. Reclusive but beautiful, and from what I've heard females are harder to find as sacs have higher Male ratio supposedly. I'd buy for that price!

I have a 1.5" sling that comes out often. My MM C. Schiodeti died last year and was about 5" when spread out. Males are much uglier then the females and dont develop abdominal striping pattern.