cyriopagoppus ? Haplopelma ? ID ME !

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok i got this tarantula from Thailand (ohLin), and they didnt even provide me a single information about this species! i was attracted to its colors and SIZE. it's about 9 inches LS and is very aggressive! love the blue under proper light! i showed it to a friend Malaysia_Dealer (also AB member) and he told me it somehow looks like his Cyriopagopus Sp. Blue he has .. so what do u guys/girls out there think ? i know there;s no 100% accurate id'ing through pictures but at least a rough idea? cos i dont even know how should i set up its tank ... :?

Attachments

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
let him to do burrow :p and feed him alot :p

Last edited:

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like an adult male H. lividum to me, but the size you give is too large for that to work.
Rev

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks alot like a beat-up Wild Caught Singapore Blue.

Cant wait till my spiderlings get there color :D

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
no way !!

1) its female ( i am 99,999 % sure )
2) its too big :p:p
3) its much too big :p :p
4) its not a colour of adoultus lividum male :p - iv got one right now :p

Singapore Blue ?? but dont they more blue ??

Last edited:

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It does look a little too big to be a H lividum..im not sure though

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look at those front legs tho, H lividum seems more compact. Poor thing needs a good meal!

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My best guess is a very emaciated H. lividum. Are you sure you're measuring right though? I've seen some people's ideas of measuring on here and it's pretty ridiculous. If it's truly 9" though, then you can basically count H. lividum out.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The scopula would indicate an arboreal and the size is right, it could be a cyriopagopus sp. "blue".

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd say you have yourself a female Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" there.

If that's of the Haplopelma genus, then I own ebay. :rolleyes:

Later,

Jake

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just an Idea I would say give it an enclousure that alows it for both terrestrial and aboreal options. Make sure the substrate is high enough incase of a fall that wont hurt the spider if it turns out to be a terrestrial T check to see which it prefers feed it hydrate it and wait for a molt. If Im not mistaken you can send the molt off to a reputable source and get at least an idea of what species it is. In any case I would say provide standard humidity for an old world asian species. Any Vets want to take a stab at this one?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
It's a bit beat up but... having seen them in the flesh id say ur a jammy git Randy ;).

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Randy,
The burning question, how much did she cost you??? :clap:

Steve

Pandora®©™

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awwww poor thing is looks sick. By the way if you T gets sick can you take it to the vet or someone that knows how to heal one. In case I ever need to know, I sure hope not though...

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hi Randy,
The burning question, how much did she cost you??? :clap:

Steve
ok as i said, i got it and the petstore keeper didnt tell me a single thing about it, which means he knew nothing at all bout it either.. so he sold it to me at MYR100 (USD25) which i thought was very cheap for a 9incher... so i got it.. so i was rather surprised when i was told it was a Cyriopagopus sp. blue which cost more than USD200?? :?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Randy said:
so he sold it to me at MYR100 (USD25) which i thought was very cheap for a 9incher... so i got it.. so i was rather surprised when i was told it was a Cyriopagopus sp. blue which cost more than USD200?? :?
I take back the "jammy" Randy Your a very VERY luck fellow indeed :clap:.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LOL thought so too! just hoping i can recuperate it and make it healthy again.. hope it doesnt somehow die, cos i agree it looks kinda sick and weak..

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww... man... i saw that too... I was going to buy it... darn...
but u got it first... Randy... I'm going to your place tomorrow... :drool:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wondering if you got a meal into this big girl ??

Regards, Mike :rolleyes: