Genus Cyriocosmus

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
tarcan said:
Just finished seperating those 3 eggsacs... total of 419 babies, 9 dead... and I just found 3 new eggsacs with my other females!! C. elegans anyone??

AWESOME Martin :), if you're giving them away I'll take a whole egg sack of your hands :), but seriously, congratulations, you've done good work with this species.

Mori

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
tarcan said:
Just finished seperating those 3 eggsacs... total of 419 babies, 9 dead... and I just found 3 new eggsacs with my other females!! C. elegans anyone??

Here is a pic of a second instar, measuring is in inches
That is dam good going, I'm well impressed. Your going to have to tell me your secret at KWH cause I'm having no luck at the mo with mine. :wall:

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Just for the record, I was the one who separated the eggs sacs! Martin was at work. And I have to say, you have not experienced Hell until you spent half the day separating 3 C. elegans egg sacs! :wall:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Red Queen said:
Just for the record, I was the one who separated the eggs sacs! Martin was at work. And I have to say, you have not experienced Hell until you spent half the day separating 3 C. elegans egg sacs! :wall:
And you shall seperate the next three ones as well my dear! :eek:

Hey, no fair, I helped you with the last 60 of the third eggsac, I deserve credit here! {D

No problem Chris, although I do not think there are any secrets. I have some females that absolutly refuse to mate and are really agressive with the males!

See ya in a week or so!

Martin

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,

Just for the record, I was the one who separated the eggs sacs! Martin was at work.
Why are those statements not strange to me? ;) ... I think my GF is not so unalike you. *he he*

@Martin: What would we do without ouer beloved GF?

... see ya on next friday ...

Juraviel

Arachnopeon
omg, You will be have small cyriocosmus beautyfull spiderlings, congrat's ;) Impressive...

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im pround that I can post pics in this thread now! {D

C. elegans spiderling:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
another one, getting a little bit bigger!

Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Here's a couple pictures of one of my spiderlings of Cyriocosmus elegans:

Mori

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love these little ones. They eat lots and grow fast. If you let them they will run fast too.:) I have mated my two females and one sac has been produced. The other female has sealed herself in, making futher matings difficult. But she may yield a sac soon. They breed like bunnies.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Still havn't aquired any of these beauties *sigh* thanks for sharing, everyone :)

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
opened two of the three other eggsacs yesterday and they are good... here are some pics

Last edited:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats

:clap: Congrats Tarcan. Must be hard opening an egg sac that small.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hedorah99 said:
:clap: Congrats Tarcan. Must be hard opening an egg sac that small.
thanks... as long as you have small scissors but yes, I am always affraid to injure of few babies when I do it.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
soon you're going to have to start giving those away, Martin. :) I guess that's what happens when you've had what, 5 successful sacks in the last 3 weeks?

Mori

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
moricollins said:
soon you're going to have to start giving those away, Martin. :) I guess that's what happens when you've had what, 5 successful sacks in the last 3 weeks?

Mori
Mori, all the other 3 eggsacs are gone already... no free C. elegans soon I am affraid ;)