Cyriocosmus Elegans Advice

TrimericGorgon

Arachnopeon
How do you get a Cyriocosmus elegans to come out so you can hold it without pissing it off? Any other tips are helpful as well.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
How do you get a Cyriocosmus elegans to come out so you can hold it without pissing it off? Any other tips are helpful as well.
Simple... you don't. While the handling of any species is not widely encouraged - handling very fast and skittish dwarf species is never a good idea. I have several Cyriocosmus species, including a full grown female elegans, and if I were to decide to handle any of my tarantulas - my Cyriocosmus would be at the bottom of the list.
They are fast, skittish, and it is not a good idea to handle them for their own safety.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
How do you get a Cyriocosmus elegans to come out so you can hold it without pissing it off?
I think that you are a brand new kind of pioneer, a truly genuine visionary man, someone with the power to make the world a better place.

Count me in, my friend. Sadly I don't have the answers your brave soul needs, but I'm with you in this quest, 100%, nonetheless :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I often feel like these posts are planted to get people riled up. Call me paranoid, but they just scream that someone has too much time on their hands.
It's a conspiracy.....it probably goes all the way to the top.

Hey OP, if you are for real and not trolling then here is a tip-- holding tarantulas is always a bad idea, for them. You can hurt them or even kill them very easily. But when a tarantula is especially resistant to being held like your C. elegans is, then you most definitely should leave it alone.

Gerbils are a lovely pet choice however, they can be handled quite easily and are very inquisitive.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Get a roach,dubia or redrunner,either work.Firmly grasp the roach between your lips,
don't bite down,unless your hungry.
Now,put your face in the enclosure,and wait.It will come to you eventually.