Cyclosternum pentalore

Ker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Someone mentioned this species to me the other day, but I was having a very hard time finding descent pics of it.. perfect timing I must say !!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have never heard of pentalore. It looks like fasciatum :?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah it looks like C. fasciatum to me. The C. pentalore I saw in a pic on rickwests site had Light Brown legs, and light brown carapace. That pic looks just like my C. fasciatum?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think she would like to have some crickets. She looks anorexic.

Punisher

Arachnopeon
I agree the two look very much alike, but I posted it anyway. If you look at the two different species in person there is a subtle difference. This pic was taken right after a molt, so who knows if it will brown out in the next week or so. If there is a change I will post it here.

Last edited:

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Real hard to tell the two apart for me too, but seeing side by side there is a difference. These two are about the same size but the pentalore seems to have a smaller body build then the fasciatum, both females. Have been told that the pentalore does not get as big as the fasciatum when full grown also. Fasciatum is from Costa Rica and the pentalore is from Guatemala, have also been told that the pentalore is a little more feisty than the fasciatum but I have not seen it, both are pretty skittish and love to kick hair although the pentalore does kick quite a bit more than the fasciatum. First pic is the pentalore and the second is the fasciatum. Greg

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks to me like its just flicking hairs mate. look at the possition its rear leg is in.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
The Central American Cyclosternum are a bit of a mess right now (at least the one’s in captivity) in fact the C.fasciatum we have now may well be a mixed up spider with blood from other C/A Cyclosternum in them such as C.Pentalore and the new C.sp “West Guatemala” that are coming in again now from the wild, in many of these the females all look like C.fasciatum only the males show any differences see >Here< some mad rambleing from me there but also some stuff from ppl who know what there talking about, the female of C.sp "West Guatemala" >Here<