Cutest/coolest things your scorps did

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
Let's make this a fun and intesting thread. If you have many, share them all.

As for myself and mine...

-Today I saw my S. mesaensis kill a crick, throw it over it's shoulder, and crawl up to the tip top of the driftwood in his tank as if to claim his territory and frighten off invaders. How cute =D

-Saw my female emp kill a crick and hand it over to the male

-Not very special, but I can't help but giggle when I see a scorp digging. Kicking with 4 legs...:)

I know you guys have some good stories about your critters, so post them here! I'm bored...;P

N.
Cutest coolest things my scorps did:

1) Dig.

2) Drink.

3) Sting me.

4) Sting crickets.

I really don't know what to say. The 4 aforementioned things are really all that any of my scorpions have ever done. Oh, wait, I though of another thing my scorpions have done.

5) Committed cannibalism.

So, you pick, I guess. Which one of those 5 things would you consider to be cutest?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: Re: Cutest/coolest things your scorps did

Originally posted by whoami?
Cutest coolest things my scorps did:

1) Dig.

2) Drink.

3) Sting me.

4) Sting crickets.

I really don't know what to say. The 4 aforementioned things are really all that any of my scorpions have ever done. Oh, wait, I though of another thing my scorpions have done.

5) Committed cannibalism.

So, you pick, I guess. Which one of those 5 things would you consider to be cutest?

number 3, definately :D

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Cutest/coolest things your scorps did

Originally posted by Immortal_sin
number 3, definately :D
I was going to say it, but I thought I'd be nice. (karma...)

N.

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
coolest thing my scorps ever did.....

:D I once watched my two big African RedClaw scorps fight over a hapless fuzzy mouse and they eventually ended up sharing the mouse like a slice of pizza...one grabbed the head and started feeding and the other grabbed the butt and they munched towards each other while the mouse screamed bloody murder - it sort of looked like a scorpion version of that scene in "Lady and the Tramp" you know? of course to a normal person this would be heinous but I doubt if any of us fall into the category of "normal" being we like to play with scorpions and spiders and what have you...

One thing I would like to see more of is the telson of a scorpion being used to subdue prey....all of my scorps persist in using their claws and beginning to eat the prey alive....which is nasty in its own way as I have closely observed the chelicerea of my scorpions when they eat and they appear to be like a pair of cutting knives or scissors and chop up prey while it is still kicking and screaming...heehehhheheh

;P The Evil Spider Hunter

NukeCow

Arachnopeon
One of my B. occitanus has scratched it's "ass" (I know, the real ass is on the end of the cauda, but anyway) with it's stinger a few times.
And it's a fat scorpion. I guess I have to name it "Homer" *G*

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by NukeCow
One of my B. occitanus has scratched it's "ass" (I know, the real ass is on the end of the cauda, but anyway) with it's stinger a few times.
And it's a fat scorpion. I guess I have to name it "Homer" *G*
Now, this may be a dumb question, but I have to ask anyway. I noticed you're from Finland (great bands come out of your country, by the way); do they show the Simpsons in English, or do they do voice-overs? I saw an episode of Alf that was dubbed in German, and it was an atrocity.

N.

Bagan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know this might not be as good as the other stories in this thread, but my Emperor Scorpion loves her crickets so much that she just crams as many as she can in her mouth. All you see are two little cricket heads sticking right out of it. Plus she'll also have at least a cricket in each claw as well.

Also my poor African Black Claw and Mozambique Tricolor Hissing Scorpion suffer from crickets just jumping out of their grasp at a split second leading to them spinning around trying to grab the suckers.

NukeCow

Arachnopeon
Now, this may be a dumb question, but I have to ask anyway. I noticed you're from Finland (great bands come out of your country, by the way); do they show the Simpsons in English, or do they do voice-overs? I saw an episode of Alf that was dubbed in German, and it was an atrocity.

N.
Well I don't live in Germany, now do I? ;)
Nope, most of the "good" cartoons are not dubbed, because of the more mature and varying age of the viewers. We don't have as strong a dubbing culture as the germans, where as I've seen on German TV almost all the programs are dubbed. When I was young, even most of the childrens cartoons were broadcasted with the original voices, with texts provided in Finnish. Now all of the childrens programme are dubbed with so horrible voice-overs that I don't blame the way of the youth today. Sorry about the OT :(

Bagan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry I'm interruptingt this conversation but I just have to add something here. I think my Blacktop Desert Hairy is a little eccentric. I have just looked in on her Pet Pal and I see her holding the head of a cricket in her claw as she's sleeping. I wish I could get a picture for you guys.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bagan
Sorry I'm interruptingt this conversation but I just have to add something here. I think my Blacktop Desert Hairy is a little eccentric. I have just looked in on her Pet Pal and I see her holding the head of a cricket in her claw as she's sleeping. I wish I could get a picture for you guys.
What, you don't sleep with severed heads? Weirdo...;P

N.

NukeCow

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Bagan
She's just prolly reciting Hamlet in her sleep. Sounds so cute.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Only thing so far that i would consider the coolest, was seeing one of the crickets in the terrarium kick a smaller cricket across it while trying to feed.

Scorpion hasnt really come out of hiding while I've been awake yet.

Bagan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What, you don't sleep with severed heads? Weirdo...;P

N.
Last time I checked...no. :eek: ;)

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

The collest thing I have seen my scorps do was mating..man was suprised..awesome experience..

have a nice day

Geo

jaijjs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 8 Emperor's in a 50 gallon tank that is devided into two sections by a small stream of water. I put 4 on each side of the stream. From time to time they line up on both sides of the bank and it appears that they wave at each other. They sit there for up to a hour B.S.ing back and forth.. I hope the fat guy in the red suit brings me a digital camera this year so I can post some pics of this...