Curious.

JuliaGulia87

Arachnopeon
My OBT molted a few days ago and today I dropped a fly in his enclosure to see if he was ready to eat. Well he poked his legs out and I noticed that he's still shiny, sort of translucent, and hasn't gotten any of his color back yet. What's up with that? I know when my versi molted it's color and fuzz was back in a day. I was just wondering if this is an OBT thing or if my sling is just a weirdo haha.

Last edited:

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
For one you should wait in my opinion at least 3 days ( some say less ) to feed your sling after it molts... and it's color will come back its shell is still soft and fragile and hasn't grown completely. That is also a good reason you don't feed it that soon...

JuliaGulia87

Arachnopeon
It had been a few days and I hadn't seen it since the molt so I thought I'd toss one in there to see if it was ready.

Amoeba

Arachnolord
For one you should wait in my opinion at least 3 days ( some say less ) to feed your sling after it molts... and it's color will come back its shell is still soft and fragile and hasn't grown completely. That is also a good reason you don't feed it that soon...
I feed at least a week after to feed so I dunno who told you 3 days or less. In a perfect world you wait until the fangs are black to feed.

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
I have read many times to wait at least 2-3 days to feed. Not to say that is always the case for me I do like to give a little extra time. And yes in a perfect world that would be the best I would agree :p

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
No, wait at least a week for the little ones, 10-14 days for the larger.
I always wait two weeks. Some tiny slings may take food a couple of days after a molt, but there is no reason to feed so soon anyway.

The "black fang" thing I find to be unreliable, some of my Ts (especially slings) still have reddish tinted fangs months after a moly.