Curiosity Killed The Connor.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I almost slept on a wild T. As close to a horror story I have (hopefully it’ll stay thatnway).

Quinnk74

Arachnopeon
My first OBT, and not what you'd think. Local classified add had three unnamed Ts with no pics. I had finally convinced my gf (now wife) to let me get one, we were going to go and pick one out. We get there and its a pretty horrid sight. A G. porteri in ok conditions, an A. seemani in dirt and gravel with a lake on one side, by far the worse was the OBT. Juvenile in a 20 gallon long tank, repticarpet as a sub that had about an 1/8 inch of water above the level of the carpet through the whole tank. Because this wasnt bad enough there were about 60 crickets in there with him, about 1/3 dead. He was so far gone he would barely move and I almost had to pick him up to get him into a travel container. Couldn't even get mad at the lady selling them either, they were her brothers and he had just been institutionalized and she didn't want or know how to take care of them for him. The OBT, we named him thing, died about 36 hours later. Not sure that was the kind of horror story you wanted but it's the only one I gots

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
My first OBT, and not what you'd think. Local classified add had three unnamed Ts with no pics. I had finally convinced my gf (now wife) to let me get one, we were going to go and pick one out. We get there and its a pretty horrid sight. A G. porteri in ok conditions, an A. seemani in dirt and gravel with a lake on one side, by far the worse was the OBT. Juvenile in a 20 gallon long tank, repticarpet as a sub that had about an 1/8 inch of water above the level of the carpet through the whole tank. Because this wasnt bad enough there were about 60 crickets in there with him, about 1/3 dead. He was so far gone he would barely move and I almost had to pick him up to get him into a travel container. Couldn't even get mad at the lady selling them either, they were her brothers and he had just been institutionalized and she didn't want or know how to take care of them for him. The OBT, we named him thing, died about 36 hours later. Not sure that was the kind of horror story you wanted but it's the only one I gots
That is horrible. One of my nightmare scenarios.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have a "funny horror" story...

One night, one of my dogs started barking madly in her crate in the living room. It was her big bark so I got up straight away to see who/what was in the house. I walked into the living room, turned on a torch, and leveled it at her crate... she was staring at the fireplace a few feet from her and growling. I slowly turned, the beam of the torch rotating with me... until it came to rest on a giant brown spider on the side of a styrofoam cooler. It was totally a cheesy horror movie moment lol Turned out, a MM P. muticus had escaped! He was recaptured without incident :)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Not my own personal story but a coworker of mine had an A. hentzi crawl up the handle of the broom she was using and nearly crawl all the way up her arm! She's not severely arachnophobic or anything but I think she'd rather they don't crawl on her.