Critique /Comment needed please

delo

Arachnopeon
COMPLETE yeay!!! now you have beautiful acrylic vents. I hope this may inspire others to the fun of finding solutions to small problems.

Cheers

complete.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Excellent!!! Thank You

This is an excellent tutorial, nicely detailed!! Great pictures and even mentioning the grit sand paper one could use instead. Details are important, very good indeed!!!

Are you able to change the title of your threat to Making Acrylic Vents perhaps, that way it would be easier for someone else to find??

delo

Arachnopeon
This is an excellent tutorial, nicely detailed!! Great pictures and even mentioning the grit sand paper one could use instead. Details are important, very good indeed!!!

Are you able to change the title of your threat to Making Acrylic Vents perhaps, that way it would be easier for someone else to find??
I looked for editing options but maybe I'm blind......ADMIN could you please change the title as requested

Cheers

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks really good! i wish i had time and the space so i can make my own too lol

delo

Arachnopeon
well here's the enclosure 90% complete just waiting on hinges and hasp to arrive in the mail. Overall looks good and I've learned a few things when bonding acrylic so my next ones should be a breeze....lol or next 20 i should say. I must say everything acrylic and polished will look awesome can't wait to start transfers.

enclosure.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks great! Where's the door? What dimensions do you have for that one?

What did you use to make sure the sides formed perfect right angles?

delo

Arachnopeon
Looks great! Where's the door? What dimensions do you have for that one?

What did you use to make sure the sides formed perfect right angles?
there is no door ATM as I'm waiting on hinges but if you look closely you'll see an opening forming the top 2/3rds where the door will be and that's a 10"x10"x16" To ensure everything was square I made half an open box (so 3 sides only) out of pressed wood/fiberboard and used a carpenters square to ensure it had perfect angles. Once it was all welded I flame plosihed all edges.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
there is no door ATM as I'm waiting on hinges but if you look closely you'll see an opening forming the top 2/3rds where the door will be and that's a 10"x10"x16" To ensure everything was square I made half an open box (so 3 sides only) out of pressed wood/fiberboard and used a carpenters square to ensure it had perfect angles. Once it was all welded I flame plosihed all edges.
OK, just making sure there wasn't a door and my eyes weren't going crazy! Nice size container. I had a feeling you used either a box, or maybe framer's clamps that they use for picture frames, or some variant of it. The flame polishing looks pretty good, makes a big difference.

delo

Arachnopeon
New terrestrial enclosure with X.Immanis enjoying new home
terrestrial1.jpg

Arboreal with custom hide still waiting on hinges should be here on the 20th...yeay! L. Vioalaceopes is waiting
arboreal 1.jpg

delo

Arachnopeon
Just inquiring if anyone else has made any of these vents yet.....if so post some pics and any improvements. On a side note a quick lessons learned. You will have a much smoother cut if you drill half way in the acrylic with the hole saw and flip it to the other side to finish the cut.