crickets!

Tym Hollerup

Arachnoknight
I've used the exact same thing for months with absolutely no problems. Are both of the tubes in? If either of them are out then make sure the flap cover provided is secure. These don't house pinheads as well as adults mind you.

AceOfJacks

Arachnopeon
I've used the exact same thing for months with absolutely no problems. Are both of the tubes in? If either of them are out then make sure the flap cover provided is secure. These don't house pinheads as well as adults mind you.
i have one tube in and the flap with duct tape on the other hole.

Pssh

Arachnoknight
they can get out from the little space where the handle connects to the lid.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
also they get out the little space where the flap connects too....had the same prob....now i keep my small crickets in a 5 gallon aquarium and my large crix in a 10...but i also buy them 500-1000 at a time....

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a thin strip of ducktape (or two) under the lid-flap, above the tube that is sticking in the critter keeper, aught to keep them from squeezing out of that little hole by the hinge of the lid. Add make sure the top is closed all the way.

Tremors

Arachnopeon
I can answer this question because I've watched them commit the crime.

When you are not around watching the container the crickets are constantly crawling around and moving about, just like they would in nature. To them the top of that critter keeper is nothing more than a pile of leaves or twigs that they have found themselves under.

They are persistent. I've watched them jump time and time again until they grab hold of the critter keeper lid and move around it upside-down. They can actually find a way to squeeze through the "bars"of the lid, working their bodies through it. They will also take advantage of any opportunity of the lid not being securely closed.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I forgot to address the type of critter keeper you have. I have never owned one of those but I can imagine all the extra places they can attack for a weakness.

I solved my problem a long time ago by placing a piece of fiberglass screen across the top of the container and them putting the lid down on top of it.

They can't escape unless they're pinheads. But this is only good for a regular critter keeper.