Crickets eating citrus fruit

willow58

Arachnopeon
I was wondering ---- if someone put oranges in my cricket tank (and they are feasting on them!) will this in turn hurt my tarantulas?? :confused: Will these orange filled crickets harm my spiders??

JESTERx626

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I heard that's supposed to be better than water. In water they can drown, but in oranges, each pulp is filled with liquid.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It should be fine. The only problem I could foresee would be with pesticides on the peel/rind, but that would kill the crickets so you would know if that were the case. You can feed almost any "food" to your crickets and it's safe for t's.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it should be ok but then again idk. I think its ok. I feed my crickets apples and other acidic fruits that i don't need and my t's are all just fine and dandy

Jwwjr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
id say the fatter and happier your crickets are the fatter and happier your
tarantula will be :razz:

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've kept crickets for my Jumping Spider, and have found that they prefer apples to just about any other fruit i've offered them. I haven't tried oranges though, i'll have to do that. :)

Also, if pesticides are a concern, buy organic fruit (but still wash well!).

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feed oranges to my roaches every other day. They seem to love them more than any other fruit I have tried and they seem to reproduce faster. (Maybe not, but it seems like they do) We have never had a problem with out T's eating them.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering ---- if someone put oranges in my cricket tank (and they are feasting on them!) will this in turn hurt my tarantulas?? :confused: Will these orange filled crickets harm my spiders??
We did this for over 3 decades. There were no discernible bad reactions to the oranges by either the crickets or the tarantulas. If you're not careful, it's also a great way to breed fruit flies. (But do you really want a gazillion little flies leaving gazillions of little fly specks all over everything? - This is experience talking!)