Craziest Thing Your Pet Has Eaten

Fenrir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok so my lab has eaten an enormous amount and range of odd things so i was wondering who else has pets like this and what have they eaten?

Current Crazy List
-Glasses including lenses -Underwear -shoes -a key -100 pieces of altoids gum at once resulting in trip to VERC -cellphone -books -pens/pencils -others i cant remember atm

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Betty Rumble is the weirdest dog ever...we gave her the choice of a cooked shrimp (no sauce) - or a piece of banana.
She took the banana!
Carnivorous, meat craving, slathering beast of a Pit Bull, anyway..{D

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a Scottish Terrier that used to catch and eat grasshopper and spit out the jumping legs.
My cousins kuvas ate ant traps, a one pound easter choclate bunny, and live sparrows

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my dog ate my homework
LOL brilliant. :D That made my day.

My dragon has attempted to eat the following but has never acheived it (as it would either poison or kill him or be just plain impossible): glass, a rubber lizard, a pencil, computer mouse pointer, fluff, cotton wool, plastic, my hair, the wing of one of my model dragons, my hand (he isn't the best at judging where food ends and I begin, maybe he does and just likes biting me) and every single time he gets out he goes after the houseplants.

He's got sick before from eating houseplants so I keep a damn close eye on that lunatic.

My old cockatiel ate a book and lots of rings and necklaces and pretty much everyone elses hands in the family.

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When my dog was young he once destroyed every pair of shoes I owned. I had to go to wal-mart at midnight to get shoes so I could go to school the next day. He would also ate pretty much anything. He ate sand, earwigs, bees, loves flies, pickles, carrats.....

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
friends dog ate a tube of antibiotic ointment and any empty packs of cig's left around, come to think of it, almost anything cardboard for that matter

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one of my cats gets more excited/possessive over cooked vegetables than meat.

our dog is quite the goat: 4 xbox headsets, our marriage license, the bathroom door frame, a few action figures, 2 dvds (and DVD cases), numerous pens/pencils, a patch of carpet, a papasan chair frame (the cat is helping), countless stuffed animals, my husband's glasses and glasses case (separate occasions), contact lens cases, the spine off a couple other books.... i think we've blocked out many other items from our memory.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
and your dog is still alive after all that!!?{D

my dog used to eat nylons when he was a pup. He still eats stuffing out of stuff animals if we don't stop him lol. He sure likes his stuffed animal carcasses though lol.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
my dog ate a whole box of mouse poison. didn't even skip a beat either. blankets (they are a fav...), styrofoam, any sorts of plastic that decide to blow into the yard, pop cans, marbles, a cactis (don't ya know that was an oucher comin out...), plus innumerable other things they eat living out in the middle of nowhere... :D

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My coatimundi chewed up the spine of my calculus book. Past that he only ate his food and his poop.

Joe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first cat ate an entire piece of strawberry rhubarb pie once, and it only took him the length of a short phone call.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and your dog is still alive after all that!!?{D
fortunately for her, she's more of a chewer than a swallower. except for one of the dvds. i don't know HOW she ate it, but she did.

oh, and one of my other cats also ate a small catus. i knew he was retarded, but i didn't know he was THAT bad.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
fortunately for her, she's more of a chewer than a swallower. except for one of the dvds. i don't know HOW she ate it, but she did.

oh, and one of my other cats also ate a small catus. i knew he was retarded, but i didn't know he was THAT bad.
Brilliant! :D That has to be the best I've heard!

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my dog(half pitbull half stupid dog) ate the water pipe behind the toilet , came home to 2 inches of water in the bathroom . thank god theres a high lip going into the hall way ( had just finished putting brand new hardwood flooring down ) Not to mention all the cd's, dvd's ,test kits for my saltwater tank and the list goes on and on and on and ..........

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Man. Worst thing my dog ever did was raid my bone collection, so at least it wasn't that crazy. I keep a really close eye on what my guys have access to, so I haven't had any bad incidents - which I'm fairly proud of considering the number and type of critters here. But my sister ate a huge refridgerator magnet when she was a kiddo and my poor parents had to sift through her crap for a good week to find it, as if they didn't find it she would have needed surgery. :rolleyes: