Couple Avics get new homes

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ya know, ive never been interested in avics till lately honestly and lookin at some of these photos is def. making me want some.. love the coloring and i like the contrasts of their colors against natural plants. love the A purpurea. also, which type is the pinkish/purple spider on the leaves in the last pic in 1st post?

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Thanks everyone! It is 2" black pvc stuff. I use the larger for my larger ts..terrestrial and arboreal. My husband cut it, made the hole in the side and the little cuts on top and bottom. He used a wire brush on a drill to rough it up inside and out to make it easier for them to climb. I get a 10' piece for about $12 so, pretty good deal, and no mold.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Thanks everyone! It is 2" black pvc stuff. I use the larger for my larger ts..terrestrial and arboreal. My husband cut it, made the hole in the side and the little cuts on top and bottom. He used a wire brush on a drill to rough it up inside and out to make it easier for them to climb. I get a 10' piece for about $12 so, pretty good deal, and no mold.
Thank you for sharing tarantulagirl10.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Some Avics in some cool setups! I like the pvc, no mold and alot cheaper than corkbark.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Thanks everyone! They seem to be settling in, both ate last night. No webbing yet, but that could take a while.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I rehoused one of my Avicularia juruensis tonight. Figured I would share a couple pictures. It's pretty easy to see why they call these guys "yellow banded pink toe". I love me some Avics :D

This particular one is 2.5" to 2.75" I would guess.

Attachments

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ya know, ive never been interested in avics till lately honestly and lookin at some of these photos is def. making me want some.. love the coloring and i like the contrasts of their colors against natural plants. love the A purpurea. also, which type is the pinkish/purple spider on the leaves in the last pic in 1st post?
Lol...i just looked at this post and cracked up LITERALLY... 4 months ago i said i was finally gettin into avics .. NOW i own a diversipes sling, a versi sling, a avicularia sling PLUS my new adult diversipes...

I rehoused one of my Avicularia juruensis tonight. Figured I would share a couple pictures. It's pretty easy to see why they call these guys "yellow banded pink toe". I love me some Avics :D

This particular one is 2.5" to 2.75" I would guess.
and thanks for finally answerin the above question... ive since learned more about this sp. and have been searchin like hell to find one or two.. Im still a bit confused on this particular specie.. i see bronzeISH phases, and the blue phase both as juruensis... what gives?

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Awesome looking juruensis. I can't wait until mine starts showing color like that. Mine grows so slow, it's still only about an inch. :/

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks.. looked like the juruensis, but i wondered why it didnt have the yellow banding..