Could this kill my t?

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
So he dug a burrow under a cup and i was wondering if the cup would hurt him if it fell on him or would it hold itself he looks like hes gonna start digging to the lid of the cup which would make it fall but idk

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
I've had scorps burry themselves under sub and decorations. Always come out of it alright, but I have had to offer a helping hand from time to time.

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would let him do what his heart desires for now, and if you feel like it's getting too dangerous you can try to add some dirt back under the lid part. i had a jar lid as a water dish when i had a male and female scorpion. one day all i saw was the male and the female NOWHERE in sight, out of desperation i picked up the lid and there she was, sitting under there with fresh babies all over her haha. she had the whole thing sealed up so there was no entrance but she did dig a pretty nice burrow directly under it. the point of that little story is they usually know what theyre doing, but keep a watchful eye out.

obtenthusiast

Arachnopeon
Ya I'd say your t is fine if anything I just wouldn't roll the cup over I'd pick it straight up if you need to access anything for some reason but im sure you already thought of that.
They do well with judgement on where to borrow and I think it's of little danger to your t.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Tarantulas have been burrowing in the wild for many moons. Yours will be fine. As they're digging they line the tunnel with many layers of web, each as strong as the last. There is very little chance yours will be one of the few who made a minor yet catastrophic miscalculation.

Cave-in is still a possibility, however. Bear in mind that, though it's more tedious, your T is just as capable of digging up as it is digging down. Have faith in your companion! If you ever need to get it out for a rehouse, maintenance, etc., try flooding the burrow with water from the bottom up. They hate water so they come right out (Typically! I had an H albostriatum jump right back down underwater one time. I guess she thought the threat of me was far worse than that of potentially drowning!), and it's way easier and less stressful for both of you versus digging down to get your spider.

I don't think it was mentioned; what species is this we're talking about?

Zoomer428

Arachnosquire
Its a rosea and im worried the cup( he filled with sub) wont hold he is bull dozing right now

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Its a rosea and im worried the cup( he filled with sub) wont hold he is bull dozing right now
Best advice: STOP worry!

I got a B. boehmei sling that was about 0.5" which burrowed down ALL the way to bottom of it's enclosure. Haven't seen it for 2 weeks. After that, it reappeared with 1" size and is perfectly fine. Just see you keep the substrate damp (not soaked with water!) so the little one has enough hydration going on. (As slings even G. roseas need moisture!). They are perfectly fine and are WAY stronger than you might think...just wait for the first time a T slaps your tongs or pulls your straw out of your hand...

BenjaminBoa

Arachnosquire
You'll wish that was all he did when he finally starts tipping over his water bowl and/or burying it.

Both Brachys :burry theirs
Rose hair: Rolls it around
P. met: flips it
OBT: Buries it IN his burrow >_>
GBB: Hangs it 5 inches in the air from a branch in his web.......
T trunculentus: ignores it.