Constipation?

Krissrock

Arachnopeon
hey guys,
I've been meaning to get back here for a while. I've got an Androctonus Aurstralis. Last year it molted...After a week of recovery, it was feeding like crazy. It probably gobbled down 6 super worms in a month. ...and it hasnt' eaten since.

I think it's been like 6 months or more now. Since it's started turning to spring he's been more active, sitting out and edge of his hole a lot more than before....but he still has no interest in food. But even though he hasnt' eaten in ages, he's STILL FAT!

I kept thinking that he's gonna molt again...but i'm starting to doubt that now.

Anyway, I haven't noticed him defecate in a long time. I had a desert hairy before I think died of constipation. I would watch him try to defecate (lay the tail all the way out) but nothing would come out...

Soooo, (sorry for being so long) I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a constipated scorp? I'm wondering if my enclosure is too arid...I'm using regular sand and I know that some ppl recommend the play sand which holds moisture very well.

anyone have any recommedations/ideas?

thanks a lot

Krissrock

Arachnopeon
nothing guys?

no ideas for a scorp that stays fat despite not eating in months?

Sinistersoljer

Arachnosquire
A couple questions do you know the instar of the scorp? What is the temp/humitidy? And lastly have you tryed any other food for it like crickets or roaches and sometimes scorps like there food dead aswell eating habbits can change just like with us but if you answer the above info I will try to help or I know someone else could hope to hear from you soon

Krissrock

Arachnopeon
no i don't know what instar it is..it has only molted once in my possession. I have a feeling it's full grown as these guys don't get that big.

I have only been putting in crickets. There's been no super worm attempts till after the molt last year.

The temp and humidity i'll have to check on later. The tank has a full screen top so the humidity is prob low like 60% . I would occasionally mist. Maybe 3 times in the past 6 months.
The temp is probably quite good. I have night time 40 watt purple bulb which throws off a moderate heat...which is why i think he's been out more since I ditched the red 60 watt.

But I have gauges i'll check 'em out when i get home.