Conflicting information yet again!!!

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've heard some conflicting info on the potential size of Grammostola Pulchra, could someone please help me clarify? Some say that it's 5''-6'', and some have said that it's more like 7''-8''.... help??

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've heard 5" - 6". I think the only Grammostola that gets over that size is aureostriata.
I wish pulchra got that big though as they are one of my favorites.
Maybe we can hear from Joy on this since she has a lot of experience with pulchras.
Ralph

noboyscout

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I currently have a juvi G. pulchra and I believe that the norm is 5"-6". I'm sure that in uncommon cases that some can exceed this. Aren't there exceptions in every species? (The 7' tall man)

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
While you're right on that point, there are always exceptions, I'm trying to figure out the baseline for size. I've talked to some breeders who say they regularly see Pulchras get around 7''. That's what prompted me to post this thread. Thanks guys for the input so far. :D

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
This is my largest G. pulchra, a WC female.

Joy

Last edited:

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What it comes down to is put the pic where you mouth is. If someone has said 8" I would call BS until I got pics on a ruler.

How often do you order a 8" female and get a 5-6" t? All the GD time. A lot of people claim to have 6", 7" or I've even heard 8" Rosies but I have not yet seen at 7" or 8".

Arachnomania

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My mature female is roughly 5-6" and I have a slightly smaller mature male. No they haven't successfully mated, just in case you were curious.