comunal setup question

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i heard that you can set up poecs comunaly, and that you can set up avic comunaly. but can you set up diff. types of avics in the same cage?
if they start out around the same size...say a.avic and a.versis in one setup?
with enough room and hiding spots...or would they try to hurt each other anyways?
dianne

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

you can even keep cats and dogs in the same cage/room – as long as the cage/room is big enough...

just my two cents!
Martin

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anytime you put more than 1 spider together you are risking losing 1 or more. There are people that have done this sucessfully for awhile. I guess it all depends if you are willing to risk losing a spider.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Communal living...

I have tried this with avicularia Minatrix and my Suntigers. At first it seemed to work OK, but after a month I lost one of each because of fighting, territory disputes and who got more crickets.
You can try it, but if you I highly recommend keeping the communal endeavor limited to Avic Avic's. Just my experience, nothing set in stone. :)

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok

thanks...i would only put in 1 a.avic and 1 a.versi an definatly in a container 2x the size i use for my other slings. or i'll just get 2 containers and sit them next to each other.. :p
dianne

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
I'm betting on the A. versi to be the survivor if you put them together. :(

Side-by-side containers are nice. :)

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dianne,

I am in NO way even nearly experienced enough to give any advice, especially of this sort - but from EVERYTHING I've read and researched, I would NEVER attempt to put 2 different species of Avics in the same enclosure, regardless of their sizes. How will you feel if you wake up one morning and find that one is missing or dead?

---
Wendy
---

PS. This is NOT an attack - simply my own personal opinion. :)