Complete collection tour!

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone!

I wanted to record this video for quite a while now, it has even been requested by few people.
My collection is not that big, but there are still few gems in there (actually all of them!) :D
Every enclosure is made by me, and even the shelf too! I just love the possibilities this hobby offers to people that love DIY stuff. Enjoy the video ^^

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice tour, nice enclosures. Only one question - why is that big B. albopilosum in that somewhat small box?!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I love those CD enclosures as well as the other ones. Did you hand make all of them?
Also for the CD enclosures, they're approx. 11 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm right? I wonder if they have larger CD cases or vinyl record cases haha

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I love those CD enclosures as well as the other ones. Did you hand make all of them?
Also for the CD enclosures, they're approx. 11 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm right? I wonder if they have larger CD cases or vinyl record cases haha
Yeah he made them. In fact, he posted a video on how to do so here at the forum. A very clever idea actually!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to record this video for quite a while now, it has even been requested by few people.
My collection is not that big, but there are still few gems in there (actually all of them!) :D
Every enclosure is made by me, and even the shelf too! I just love the possibilities this hobby offers to people that love DIY stuff. Enjoy the video ^^
Great resolution on the video! Excellent video as always. I think you have a great little collection.

I wish I could find vials like yours w/COLORED caps! We have Thornton vials, none as large as what I observed in your apt, and none with colored caps. That would make things so helpful.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Yeah he made them. In fact, he posted a video on how to do so here at the forum. A very clever idea actually!
It really is! Wish I was that creative to think of those things haha.

And I meant that I wish they sold larger sized CD cases, like for vinyl records, but in the same style so I can make a large display case haha

parthicus

Arachnopeon
The cd case enclosures are a really great idea that is cheap and awesome looking. I am definitely going to attempt to make one, and lets hope it comes out just like yours. By the way, your videos are awesome!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
your cages put mine to shame.. subbed! awesome "small" collection!

petkokc

Arachnosquire
why is that big B. albopilosum in that somewhat small box?!
Good question, her enclosure is in process of remaking and she is temporary in that box...you could actually see in the video that I have one empty terrarium :p

Brave man opening all those enclosures all at once lol
It is not something I usually do, when I'm feeding I open 3 - 4, but for video it would took a long time If I opened one by one and record it that way. So far not a single tarantula escaped out of her enclosure when I opened it, in fact they would usually hide even more so I had my fingers crossed I will be ok (had a catchcup behind me just in case anyway ;D )

As viper 69 said, yes, there is a link in the description of the video :p

I wish I could find vials like yours w/COLORED caps!
I would trade all of my vials for those acrylic boxes from The container store :D

Thanks everyone for nice comments :3

louise f

Arachnoangel
Nice setups. Really cool, great vid. :) Haha, my Psalmopous ecclesiasticus were just as small as yours when i got them. Lovely <3

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would trade all of my vials for those acrylic boxes from The container store :D

Thanks everyone for nice comments :3
I think it's so odd they are not found Europe. Just like I think it's odd that we don't have colored caps! Historically, the USA is a very boring country when it comes to using colors in consumer products. It wasn't until Apple Computer made Macs w/various color cases that other products, including non-computer products, began to have color. It hasn't been that long at all.

Trust me colored caps and CHEAP T prices are well worth not having AMAC boxes. We could always ship some your way!

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I think it's so odd they are not found Europe. Just like I think it's odd that we don't have colored caps! Historically, the USA is a very boring country when it comes to using colors in consumer products. It wasn't until Apple Computer made Macs w/various color cases that other products, including non-computer products, began to have color. It hasn't been that long at all.

Trust me colored caps and CHEAP T prices are well worth not having AMAC boxes. We could always ship some your way!
I tried ordering some from their web page....shipping cost was like 500$ xD
I love colors, but for some reason, box shaped enclosures are more appealing to me then those round ones I have.