communal?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
okay is a relative term that only you can answer yoko. you will be much more likely to loose a 3" with a 5", that you would a 5" with a 5". But it could hypothetically be done "relatively safe" if cage is large with lotsa hides. Again, any scorp that is in molt is much more exposed. If you could hold off until everyone was full grown, your odds of 3 dying from old will increase tremendously. However, if that is not your main concern, AND you have a big awesome cage with hides etc, then go for it.

This is a really short thread claiming success.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=3839

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard a rumor that these guys actually seem to protect each other during molts. Anyone know if there's anything to that?

drummindan2007

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All scorps are communal until ones gets eaten. :D

It's all trial and error. Keep them well fed and provide lots of hides and you will minimize your risk.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know about these, but I have had a lot of C. vittatus molting in groups and I have only seen one eaten out of hundreds...

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know about these, but I have had a lot of C. vittatus molting in groups and I have only seen one eaten out of hundreds...
h.longimanus is different they are more like aggressive than defensive
i had sucess with only the same instars
introducing adult into communal setup has much greater risk IME:)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I heard a rumor that these guys actually seem to protect each other during molts. Anyone know if there's anything to that?
I've actually seen this with Centruroides species.

john