Communal tarantulas

Spyder b

Arachnosquire
OK so I have a good amount of t''s but I've been craving to start a communal setup would anyone be able to tell me which t''s can be housed together? I know M Balfouri and H incei would be recommended but would there happen to be any others? Thanks for the help!

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
M balfouri is the only legitimate communal the hobby has figured out. By far the least riskiest choice. I would not do anything else, especially as my first communal.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
M. balfouri are the only legit communal species (i.e. they've actually been observed living together in the wild).

There are several others that will tolerate each other up until they hit juvie sizes and then there's a good chance that you'll end up with one fat spider.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The list starts and ends with M. balfouri.
M lambertoni?

Some people try Poecilotheria communals. Works until it doesn't. Small cages work better for them than larger

Incei communals only work to my knowledge if the sac is allowed to hatch and live with mom. I know someone who has multiple generations living together.

Avic communals don't work. Period.

I've never heard of or seen a working Hysterocrates communal.

If you want a communal, scorpions are probably a better option.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Not really. They are larger, dont web as much and are very, very, very defensive.

the lambertoni only cost me £40 each adult female. 6 females and a MM in there for a year no issues
Interesting. i google imaged them and they are really cool looking too. Kinda shaggy with an interesting pattern. Hurry up and start sending some babies across the pond.

40 for an adult female means slings will only cost 5-10 right? :troll:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Interesting. i google imaged them and they are really cool looking too. Kinda shaggy with an interesting pattern. Hurry up and start sending some babies across the pond.

Its Euros don't forget, so that's closer to 50 in USD.

When they do come over, they probably wont be cheap...supply and demand dictates price, and they aren't available yet from what I have seen. Another thing to consider, when people find out they can be kept communally, the demand will skyrocket.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking

I would if I could breed them. But no males available.

When they do come over, they probably wont be cheap...supply and demand dictates price, and they aren't available yet from what I have seen. Another thing to consider, when people find out they can be kept communally, the demand will skyrocket.
£= GBP ;)

But I got them for a steal. The Germans are wanting about 200€ for a female. Typical Germans.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking

£= GBP ;)

But I got them for a steal. The Germans are wanting about 200€ for a female. Typical Germans.
Right thats the pound...my bad. Thats insane, no wonder they never cross.

Theneil

Arachnoprince

I know. i wasn't being serious, hence the troll face... i'm sure that just the importation costs would put them above the 5-10 dollar mark before supply and demand even get factored in. LOL.

£= GBP ;)

Your ladies take no interest in the male you have in there already?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
There is a member her on AB that has had a multiple year communal of Heterothele villosella. An African dwarf baboon. Should be able to find the threads in a search.