Colorado anyone?

magikscorps

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Im trying to find some people in Colorado to hunt , trade, chat, with Please feel free to PM me ......Trips into NM? Im game, Thanks everyone........:D

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's a couple of us on the boards. I know we were tossing around the idea of doing an overnight collecting trip when it warms up some in the spring. I'm in Colorado Springs and one of my friends on here is from Littleton.

I'll PM my email addy to you so it's easier for you to contact me.

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am south of Albuquerque NM, and would also be willing to meet up with people anytime.

Hans

Triprion

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
I'm in Denver. I am always interested in excuses to get back in the field. Anyone is welcome to hit me up to "combine forces"
Tim

magikscorps

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love this web site,,,,,,,,,I will get in touch with all you guys.......I cant wait for the weather to break!!!!!!!!:D

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's some gorgeous Aphonopelma in Colorado.

One of the coolest looking males I've seen a picture of was from Otero county.

I'd love to see more images of them from field. Good luck!

Eric

Brent H.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Colorado has at least two species of Aphonopelma: A. hentzi is very common south of the Arkansas River in southeastern Colorado (from Canon City to Lamar), and A. marxi is known from the western part of the state. The latter species is by far one of my favorites.

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's some gorgeous Aphonopelma in Colorado.

One of the coolest looking males I've seen a picture of was from Otero county.

I'd love to see more images of them from field. Good luck!

Eric
Colorado has at least two species of Aphonopelma: A. hentzi is very common south of the Arkansas River in southeastern Colorado (from Canon City to Lamar), and A. marxi is known from the western part of the state. The latter species is by far one of my favorites.
Thanks for the info!

HMMM... When can we propose our first trip? I know that now in the middle of the state it's still snowing... What's the weather like in NM this time of year?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
OOOO! OOOO! me! me! me! i wanna go!!! count me in, most definitely! C-springs. i hear southern CO is the place to go.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i expect you folks have a couple few species of non-tarantula mygalomorphs in CO and more than a few in NM

for true spiders i would expect you might be able to find, definitely in NM probably in CO
Latrodectus
Loxosceles (not reclusa, but something)
Kukulcania
Salticidae
in NM i expect you can find
Olios sp.

probalby some scorps in CO
definitely numerous varieties in NM