Coenobita clupeatus, the land hermit crab :D

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice looking crab, I saw a picture a while ago of a 3 eyed hermit crab, it was odd looking.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

NICE-NICE I have got these too. I will put there pictures.. I don t know when :confused:

Ecilious

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Such cool little creatures. If I had any room to spare I'd have a colony of these little guys. The only downside for me is knowing that they're all wild caught and they're never going to breed. But that's a whole other topic.

Very nice pictures. I dunno if you've looked around, but these guys have quite a fan base and people go to great lengths with decorating their enclosures. Any chance of seeing your set up?

Bungholio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very interesting creature I love crabs but haven´t the place to care them.
How big is this species?
Excellent photos you did!

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll make some pictures of the enclosure and post it here in a few days. As I'm rateher the enthusiast of nature-looking terrariums it's nothing extraordinary.
And Yes ;) I'm aware that some people are quite loony for those crabs ;) I just love crustaceans and those are the perfect animals to keep in a dry terrarium not in an aquarium - for which I have no more space :)

The crabs I keep are at the moment 6cm shell diameter, I'm tryiing to find some decent looking shells for them, and of the right size of course, and it is not an easy task here in Poland ;)

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your pictures are always so beautiful! You should make them into posters, I bet people would buy them (I would!).
That crab is a cutie! I would get one if I had more room in my house :)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The crabs I keep are at the moment 6cm shell diameter, I'm tryiing to find some decent looking shells for them, and of the right size of course, and it is not an easy task here in Poland ;)
Those shells can be a bit of a pain to find, yeah.

My brother used to keep a trio of rather big crabs (size of tennis balls, roughly), and they needed quite large shells. We managed to fetch a couple of seemingly fitting shells from a foreign webshop, but none of the crabs ever approved of any of them. Rather, one day one of them appeared a bit sluggish, and before we could take any measures one of the other (previously peaceful crabs) was holding on to this crab's shell and tearing it to pieces. We couldn't do anything until it was too late, and then the murder crab sat rocking the other crab's shell, to and fro, to and fro..

Bungholio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL! Yes especialy in Zawiercie it could be a mission impossible. :D
Maybe that could be a mission for you to drive to Miedzyzdroje. :D

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could be a lot easier to find it there, especially at the local market or a souvenir shop, but not by the seashore for sure ;)

It's best to buy them, and to do that one needs an occasion.