Code92's Tarantula Pictures

Sanman

Arachnopeon
Wow!!! Cool start! What else do you plan on getting in the future?

Code92

Arachnopeon
I would love to get a hold of an OBT. Love the colors and they tend hold their ground instead of running everywhere like my lividus when it comes to enclosure maintenance. Although I live a mile away from the hospital, regardless Love the OW T’s!

Sanman

Arachnopeon
I'm just getting started in the hobby myself but will start slow with the new world guys until I get more experience! I've heard about the infamous OBT! LOL that must be quite an adrenaline rush! I heard there was another that was more high level....something calceatum??? Feathered baboon was the common name I think....seems intense! :anxious::anxious::anxious:

cold blood

Staff member
I would love to get a hold of an OBT. Love the colors and they tend hold their ground instead of running everywhere like my lividus when it comes to enclosure maintenance. Although I live a mile away from the hospital, regardless Love the OW T’s!
Lol, OBT run like the dickens...you think lividus is fast...OBT is probably faster...and they do run...catches a lot of people off guard...hehe, theyre good at that.

Where in WI are you?

Code92

Arachnopeon
Lol, OBT run like the dickens...you think lividus is fast...OBT is probably faster...and they do run...catches a lot of people off guard...hehe, theyre good at that.

Where in WI are you?
I'm in the Fox Valley area. The OBTs I used to have would throw a threat posture like no other but they usually didn't run until I had to catch them for enclosure maintenance/upgrades. My C. lividus however runs like a maniac as soon as his burrow is disturbed and then finally goes into bitey mode. Although he's in premolt now so he's actually been relatively easy to corral like earlier today when I had to clean out the substrate due to mold. No running or threat postures and he's been off feed for about a week or so now.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
l hope that's its old home and not its new one. That new home is bare like a prison cell, no wonder you had setae go in your direction :rolleyes::D

More anchor points, more cover, and MORE floor space for a GBB of that size. Larger floor space will help but not always prevent the water bowl from getting covered in web.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I cut up Manzanita branches with stems and hot glue them to the bottom of my bins before I put substrate in. They look like miniature trees and give the spiders plenty of vertical surfaces to anchor with and get all architectural with their web castles.

Code92

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve always read to go smaller rather than larger for a few reasons and to keep it simple but if you guys think she’ll be fine with more room and furniture I’ll get right on upgrading her. I just need to find my hot glue gun.