Cobalt Blue

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Hey guys. My Cobalt, which I've had since January, is eating, but hasn't burrowed and is spending more time in corners than being active like she usually is. I know Cobalts are pet holes, so is this her just settling in? Just wondering if she's okay since she's hiding in the corner all of a sudden.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Pictures of the enclosure and tarantula will be helpful. Haven't raised this species yet, but I have some thoughts.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Pictures of the enclosure and tarantula will be helpful. Haven't raised this species yet, but I have some thoughts.
Its just a 5 gal enclosure with 8 inches of substrate, large water dish, and a cork bark tube that is angled down into the substrate and dug out about 2 inches

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
What kind of sub are you using? Pictures would make things a lot easier, what you describe sounds right though.

Some fossorials take quite some time to acclimate and start burrowing. Its only a matter of time if you are keeping it properly, usually a good starter burrow helps speed up the process.

Still share pics if you can.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
What kind of sub are you using? Pictures would make things a lot easier, what you describe sounds right though.
Eco earth coco fiber. Damp, probably a little more damp than necessary, but i don't overflow the water dish very often
Some fossorials take quite some time to acclimate and start burrowing. Its only a matter of time if you are keeping it properly, usually a good starter burrow helps speed up the process.

Still share pics if you can.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Oh! Okay, that's super helpful. I hate cupping her because she can either be a gentle sweetheart or lash out big time >_< but ill cup her within the next few days and make some sort of slimmer smaller hole. I love seeing her out in the open all the time, but I know this species is happiest in a burrow.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay so why is she climbing? I just found her climbing.
Likely not settled in. However the real answer is, no one knows. We cannot read their neural system. It's like asking why did you do something.....

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Okay so why is she climbing? I just found her climbing.
Spiders, actually, climbs, eh... :bored:

Your 'problem' (don't get me wrong) is that you are (IMO) over-worried, but, as said prior, if the parameters are fine, don't worry... sooner or later they will burrow. They need time for that, but no one can quantify how much :)

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Okay im so worried about her, idk y. She almost seems.. depressed? Always has her legs over her face, and I haven't changed anything yet.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Make sure the waterdish is full, put her in a dark and warm spot. Leave alone for at least a week.
Worked for my burrowers, except for one rebellious C.sanderi sling which needed almost a month :confused: