Cobalt Blue H. Lividum

PrimeDWA

Arachnopeon
Good evening guys,

Just put my cobalt into a new setup with 4-5 inches of substrate for burrowing... question is, how long until she makes a burrow or would it be wise to use a false burrow?

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Depends on the specimen, although smaller fossorials tend to acclimate quicker then adults IME. I bet it burrows in no time, dont forget your water dish btw.

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
If it doesn’t burrow in a couple days make a false burrow just enough to fit its body in then it might make its burrow if not just add false burrow

PrimeDWA

Arachnopeon
The water bowel is off to the left side out of the camera shot! And that's no problem, it's currently up the sides of the tank!

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
That substrate looks really wet. Anywho, you could add some plant decorations which it might web up like mine did. I had mine in 10 gal tank with substrate over half way full from the top of the tank. Had a swirly big piece of cork bark with a few fake plants around the entrance of the hole that was in the swirly part. Mine stayed out in the open for about a week before making her burrow. Once she settled, it was basically a tank of potentially dangerous substrate lol. I used a mixture of sphagnum moss and coco fiber substrate and scattered some of the extra moss along the top of the substrate and around the bark. Overflowed the water dish once a week to once every 2 weeks. Never had any problems.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Lividum took a few weeks before she finally burrowed, probably won’t take as long with a juvenile like you have there. Is there anything in there for it to hide under? Might make it feel more comfortable.

On a separate note, it’s not exactly important but it should be C. Lividum now, genus name changed to Cyriopagopus☺

PrimeDWA

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated... I'll put some hides in from her old setup and go from there!

Update.

All sorted, false plants and a piece of drift wood put into the set up. Hopefully she settles very quickly, she's currently very aggressive!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. lividus ;)
True! Haha I’m constantly losing track

Update.

All sorted, false plants and a piece of drift wood put into the set up. Hopefully she settles very quickly, she's currently very aggressive!
That’s a good sign, Lividus are generally fight before flight, healthy =)

Here’s a pic of my girl from one of the rare times she’s graced me with her presence

CA48B0AC-18ED-422A-B9A5-906BBADD06BE.jpeg

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I only popped into to say how gorgeous! Lovely specimen!!!
Sorry, no valuable advice, I still don't have one. (boo hoo)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My Lividum took a few weeks before she finally burrowed, probably won’t take as long with a juvenile like you have there. Is there anything in there for it to hide under? Might make it feel more comfortable.

On a separate note, it’s not exactly important but it should be C. Lividum now, genus name changed to Cyriopagopus☺
Nice to see you back on the forum a bit! Still in China, incredible experience if so! PM me if you have time- be good to catch up.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice to see you back on the forum a bit! Still in China, incredible experience if so! PM me if you have time- be good to catch up.
Hey! Yep, 10 years and counting lol It has been a while ae, I had a baby so I’ve been busy =P I’ll send you a PM later tonight!