Cobalt Blue experience?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OBT slings cost less than a pack of smokes,there is no excuse for not having one.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cobalt Blue experience: 3 out of 3 sac mates turned out male. :) But, I've had a great time watching them grow up. Yes, they are pet holes, but mine come peeking out every evening unless they are holed up for a molt. I've never had a threat posture from any of them. Rehousing them (three times) went far easier than anticipated. I sent one to the mid-west a few months ago and he was very easy to pack for shipping. Of course not all are that easy. Maybe males are more tolerant than females?

OBT experience: 2 out of 3 unrelated slings turned out male. IME, OBTs display more individual 'personalities'. My MM was heavy webber, always visible, always active until he matured. Now he is a pet hole. Only one threat pose during the couple of years that I've had him and that was a pre-molt threat that he gave to a cricket. Immature male has been more or less a pet hole since he was a sling and keeps a messy pile of webbed substrate. He could be giving me regular threat poses behind webbed walls and I would never know it. Immature female is a far tidier housekeeper. Her lair has a neatly webbed front door and back door and she seems to follow a routine. I see her every day unless holed up for molting. No known threat poses. No collection complete without one.

John Palmer

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, as most of you know my tarantula Boots passed away from suspected old age. I called the pet shop to let them know it wasn't a pesticide or anything, and the shop owner was really nice about it. He told me he has some young T's in the back room if I ever want to stop by to take a look and possibly purchase one. I told him I would think about it, but I wouldn't be there for a while because I can't even think about possibly replacing Boots. If I do get another T, it'll be Boots Jr. :)
He said he had a cobalt blue tarantula with a pretty nasty bite, and I was always interested in cobalts and OBT's. Anyone have any experience with cobalt blues? I know they're very aggressive with the few moderate tempered ones. How do they like the cage? Dry? Preferred type of substrate? Are they diggers or surface dwellers? I know my rose hair likes to chill on top of the substrate in the middle of her cage while my mexican red rump likes to dig like a mad man.
Dude I have a cobolt blue its 4 inches cant tell sex as it destroys its molts spends most of its time hidden underground but believe me it can come out of the hole at warp 9 no joke it's so quick it puts my pokies to shame and it's super defensive like an obt but on crack or something it smashes the side of the enclosure swear it waiting for the 1 time I will let me guard down be very carefull if you get one apart from that susbstaight is dumb not soacked has a water dish wich it keeps attacking maybe its playing football I dont know just be carefull 😀😀😀

Bluedreams

Arachnopeon
I use Deep coco for most of my Asian obligate burrows holds form & moisture really well.

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
Mine is very odd. I bought an adult female last summer, along with her enclosure. Despite having about ten inches of substrate available, she has never burrowed. She has webbed up one corner of the enclosure and she stays there pretty much all of the time. I thought she was in pre-molt when I first brought her home, but she has never changed. She does eat, but not real often. She has also never gotten defensive, though I don't do anything at all to provoke her. She rarely even moves when I am doing anything like dropping in a cricket or filling water dish or misting the substrate.
cobalt.jpg