coagulant

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say you have to be extemely quick. not trying to be a smart a.. or anything but I would think it would be a pretty hard thing to do.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Harry. The only two things I could suggest would be to either put in in a small deli cup and try to apply it while in there or get the T in a carapace grip. Good luck.

Atrax

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the pin method works, but if you got a more docile species, let them face the corner of a box with onehand over the top of the T...

try in a deli cup.. or calm it down a bit in the fridge (Not too long, now) and there you go.

what species is it?

good luck :)
peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Check to see if it is handleable. If not, try again at 10 minute intervals.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Check to see if it is handleable. If not, try again at 10 minute intervals.
BINGO! That works charms, I had a male Haplopelma Lividum acting like a labrodor with this method ;)

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
where are you trying to apply it? top or bottom? front or back...can u pin the T then then apply or do you have to grab it and roll it over to get at the underside?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The carapace grip is, in general, your best bet for doing close-up work with a T but it requires steady hands and nerves on your part.

Another thing I've seen posted from time to time is the construction of a window box where you pin the T between 2 sides of plastic/glass which slide to allow you access to the parts of your choice without the T being able to go anywhere (this isn't the best description but if you search relevant threads I know a pic was posted here not too long ago).

Harry

Arachnopeon
I'm just trying to prepare myself for any injuries my T might have.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well i have only had to do this once but I was using the nu-skin stuff and I was putting it on my H. Maculata and if you have on you know they are pretty speedy buggers and you definately dont wanna get bit by one. What I did was use tweezers to grip onto the end of the brush so that you get more length and dont have to get your fingers too close. Then you just wait for it to stop and then very quicly dab the wound with the brush and your done. I got a little bit on her leg too because as soon as i touched her but i got the spot that counts. Hope this helps... or you can try any of the other methods which im sure work just as well. Good Luck if you ever have any probs

peace

TheDon

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
The carapace grip is, in general, your best bet for doing close-up work with a T but it requires steady hands and nerves on your part.

Another thing I've seen posted from time to time is the construction of a window box where you pin the T between 2 sides of plastic/glass which slide to allow you access to the parts of your choice without the T being able to go anywhere (this isn't the best description but if you search relevant threads I know a pic was posted here not too long ago).
Ahhh, that's kind of like putting the snake's front end into a clear tube while you work on the other end, right?:?