Close call....

Shadiela

Arachnopeon
Came home from school and found one of my 4 cats in my emperor's terrarium. She had pried the lid off and settled herself in the substrate while I was gone. Surprisingly neither animal had been injured. The emp was in a defense stance near one side of his enclosure while the cat was on the opposite end taking a nap. I feel sorry for my emperor, can't even imagine the stress he was put through while she had him cornered :eek: . But at least they are ok. I secured the top with new duct tape to keep it closed. I'm glad my male cat wasn't the one who got in. He had killed my first G. Rosea and wouldn't show mercy to my scorp.

Shadiela

Arachnopeon
I think it's around 20 gallons. About 24 inches in length 12 inches in width and 12.5 inches in height.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah my cat got in my T/s room and grabbed two emps. He got tagged in the mouth in the process and took off. He was licking profusely but aside from that he was fine

Shadiela

Arachnopeon
Yeah, cats seem to be a constant menace to inverts of all kinds {D . At least this time all Tigris wanted to do was chill with her new little friend.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Imagine if it would've been an Andro or an LQ. Your cat would've most-likely be toast then.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My fur ball Loves my roach colony. He can sit and listen to the little scratching sounds all theirs legs make on the cardboard in the enclosure for hours. He also enjoys trying attack my hairy scorp through the glass while he digs.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Cats are rumored to be highly resistant to most affects of scorpion venom, even that of the most potent species. The ancient Egyptians may have kept them to help with their scorpion problem.

John
];')

Athlon2k2

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My cat has been stung several times while killing C. sculpturatus. All she seems to get is a fat lip.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yup cats do kill scorpions in the wild qite often. theres alot of videos on youtube check em out.