Cleaning the Hisser Bins...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
So, with my dubia breeding colonies, I've always just shook out the egg flats into another container. This presents a unique problem with hissers - how on earth will I prevent them from just walking out of the bin while I'm working? I feel like this should be a pretty simple solution that I'm just missing. I know about the Vaseline barrier trick, but is there any other method that would work?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, with my dubia breeding colonies, I've always just shook out the egg flats into another container. This presents a unique problem with hissers - how on earth will I prevent them from just walking out of the bin while I'm working? I feel like this should be a pretty simple solution that I'm just missing. I know about the Vaseline barrier trick, but is there any other method that would work?
Damn hissers... Yours shake out of the egg flats for you? Mine cling like limpets to the egg crate and resist being shaken out - particularly the nymphs. I have to hand-pick at least some of them. I do use vaseline around the top of the container to prevent climbing - plus having new egg crate already in the new container and doing the changes outdoors in the bright sunlight tends to send them to the bottom rather than trying to escape.