Species Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ("GBB")

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great looking T & good pics, I think GBB's are one of, if not the best looking T out there.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ronj said:
But like I said, the plant is in a container that will not allow the water onto the substrate. I think that I should be able to keep dry substrate and a moist plant. We will see. There are a couple of guys that have a lot of plants in their enclosures, maybe they can share some thoughts.

Thanks for the comment about the pictures!

Woops sorry I did'nt read that :rolleyes: Give news about how it works in about 1 month please im curious!

V3i HoN6

Arachnopeon
My GBB growing up.
got it this big at last year oct 29th

after two weeks

after two month

recently

Last edited:

thanci

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all!
Thats my pics:

Feamale of couse ;)

and the second one:

Last edited:

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
great pics,your GBB has beautiful colours!!:clap: i've made a little hideout like that with a piece of a pot but mine for some reason thinks it's arboreal and prefers the top of the box to have its web.oh well lol :D

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great Pics and an Awsome looking T !
Mines about 3 " and i do agree the plant looks great and will be benifical to the T when molting time comes around.
Thanks for sharing !

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here's my little baby :D it's about an inch and one third..is it possible to sex it this small?

Last edited:

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
a couple more pics :) lunch time & molting time :D

Last edited:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
duente said:
here's my little baby :D it's about an inch and one third..is it possible to sex it this small?
maybe with a microscope, but you'd have to be looking at the interior of the exuvium...you wouldn't be able to tell from the outside until it was about 3" at least. even then, theres a chance you could be wrong.

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
xgrafcorex said:
maybe with a microscope, but you'd have to be looking at the interior of the exuvium...you wouldn't be able to tell from the outside until it was about 3" at least. even then, theres a chance you could be wrong.
thanks for the info :) i have a microscope,i will try to check at next molt.thanks ;)

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know its not a good way to sex but it still give an idea ... but looking at its epigastric furrow and the looks of the tarantula, it looks like a male, very close to maturity to ... I dont know if they told you that at the pet shop or whereever you bought it , but if its a male it wont live for years ...

EDIT ; it still look amazing. congrats