Choosing a new arboreal????

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey gang, I'm in a bit of a conundrum here.

I'm looking for T #7 and I'd really like to expand my horizons further into arboreals. I currently have a King Baboon, OBT, C fimbriatus, GBB, LP, and Avic avic. I am very interested in the Psalmopoeus genus as I can get a juvenile female for a decent price, but when deciding between irminia or cambridgei, I realized I had no idea which I wanted. I know the chevron gets a bit bigger and is probably more visible. The more I think about it, I realized that besides the visibility, I had nothing to go on between them. Anyone care to input their experience overall with these two? Or to suggest a different T? I'm talking feeding habits, growth rate, all that jazz. What was the 'experience' like?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
If I were to chose again, I'd go with P. irminia based only on looks but P. cambridgei do get bigger.

My personal favorite is P. pulcher, then P. reduncus. Although, I have seen P. ecclesiasticus hit the states. P. langenbucheri are nice too if you like smaller species. Good Luck!

All easy to take care of, hardy and great eaters. They all grow fast.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I know the chevron gets a bit bigger and is probably more visible. The more I think about it, I realized that besides the visibility, I had nothing to go on between them. Anyone care to input their experience overall with these two? Or to suggest a different T? I'm talking feeding habits, growth rate, all that jazz. What was the 'experience' like?
That's the basic differences between the two. Because it's bigger, cambridgei will grow a little faster. It's out most of the time. Care is the same.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's the basic differences between the two. Because it's bigger, cambridgei will grow a little faster. It's out most of the time. Care is the same.
Behavior is slightly different as grased already mentioning the visibility. P. cam gets up to 7"+ and irminia maxes out around 5-5.5".

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
My cambridgei are still 2" slings so I can't speak much for them. I do have a 4.5" irminia girl though and she's awesome. Likes her cork tube but she's out and about cruising the enclosure a lot too. And she's fairly easy to work with for a quick arboreal.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I like P. reduncus myself, never have had one but I like the looks and the name makes me smile. I personally keep T.gigas which is basically a smaller and faster version of a pslamo, they aren't for everyone though as they are very fast but you can handle your OW then these shouldn't be a problem. If you feel really confident then maybe a pokie could be suitable but I don't know how long you've had an OBT and how comfortable you are with it.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
I love my P. reduncus. He seems to grow a bit quicker than the cambridgei