Species Chilobrachys huahini

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my first C. huahini eggsac! What a beauty!

Last edited:

Fince

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:clap: Congrats on your successful breeding! Could you say me how long was a period of pregnancy and term of incubation at this species (if these informations are public of course....).

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fince said:
:clap: Congrats on your successful breeding! Could you say me how long was a period of pregnancy and term of incubation at this species (if these informations are public of course....).

Yes, no problem! It caught me off guard when I found the sac, because I had given up on the breeding which was last summer (Aug, July?)! This species is a large webber, and she had many channels in her web, which made it hard to see her. She webbed all entrances to her web castle, and I figure she was getting close to molting.

After awhile, I wanted to see what she was up to, and Bingo! It looked as though they had their first molt in the sac by it's fullness, so I grabbed it!

It's 99% fertile! I would estimate over 300 slings.....Gotta Love it!

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulation Kelly! We need more CB of these in the hobby!

Later,

Jake

Fince

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you for the detailed description. Good luck to the small devils!

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats Swifty!!! :D

Whats the news on your P.metallica eggsack???

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greaper said:
Congrats Swifty!!! :D

Whats the news on your P.metallica eggsack???

Looking good so far! I was going to post a pic this morning, but my camera batteries were gone, so as soon as they recharge I'll post a pic!

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks really nice! Congrats!

I have two C. huahini. Both juveniles. Very fun and interesting species.

Cheers

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice job here too Kelly! :D huahini are cool T's, we need more CB ones.
Mike

Lars Butcher

Arachnopeon
I'll be honest,

I bought my female C. huahini on a whim at a show over 8 months ago. Over time, I really started questioning the purchase as it was becoming more clear it was just a big, brown spider that didn't do a whole lot of anything. Also, as time went on, I noticed on the bottom of her abdomen, there was a bruise, which I noticed on all my T. blondi's shortly before they died. Something I'm assuming develops from their inability to keep themselves off of the substrate, sort of like a bedsore. Well, knowing she was WC, I was pretty much just accepting that she was on borrowed time, until...

I come home the other night to see a molt and next too it one of the most impressive sights in my entire collection. A freshly molted, jet black, and incredible healthy C. huahini! I couldn't believe it! She's almost instantly become one of my best. I know over time she'll dull out and get that brown coloration, but for now...man, what a looker. Almost looks like H. hanaina without the mustache. Well, hope you like the pics.

~Lars

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow nice T and a whim lol, umm one question though, why is there a lid in there?

Lars Butcher

Arachnopeon
The upside down jar lid works really well as a water dish as long as your committed to regularly filling it. It's a good way to go because you can pick them up from many container retailers for like $10 for a bag of 50.

~Lars

P.S. Thanks Scott! Howeva been dude? The male G. pulchra is doing really good. Still waiting on him. I have 3 huge females now! I haven't forgotten about you. If all goes well, I'll be able to ship you a mess of babies in a few months.

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the jet black look. Do you have to refill that water dish every day or does it last for a few days?