Species Chilobrachys fimbriatus

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beautiful! I have a couple of them that I haven't seen in a year! All I know is that roaches keep disappearing.

LovePets

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is one of my fav species,I want one.
And,of course,this is a gorgeous specimen.

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for all the responses. the reason she has a small amount of dirt is because last time i had her with little dirt she still made a burrow just out of web, and the web burrow went all over her cage up down and around sure it makes it harder for me to get her out of all that web but i think it is chill. even when i gave her a lot of dirt one time she still made a funky burrow. oh yeah now and i want to power feed her for a bit before she goes into hiding for a long time so its easier to get the scraps out of her cage to prevent mold and mites

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fimbriatuss don`t burrow, they make hides with web.....
they do burrow but they thickly lay down web in there burrow, mine has burrowed lots of times, if you give them the chance they will trust me. and they make cool burrows to.

Moose9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice looking tarantula, very stunning indeed.

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i agree it is so beautiful and i barely see any one with them. did you know they hiss too

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful!
I have a mature male out on loan at the moment of this species.. He is only about half her size..
Is it me or is your girl rather large?
Very impressive..
Also, IMO power-feeding is kinda the same as over-feeding.. Plus she's at an adult size so it'd just shorten her days at this point...??
No flame intended..

Good luck with her, she's a beaut!

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful!
I have a mature male out on loan at the moment of this species.. He is only about half her size..
Is it me or is your girl rather large?
Very impressive..
Also, IMO power-feeding is kinda the same as over-feeding.. Plus she's at an adult size so it'd just shorten her days at this point...??
No flame intended..

Good luck with her, she's a beaut!
you sure she wont get bigger? how big do they get? i thought they got to like 6" or so.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well she may definitely grow some more, but it wouldn't be MUCH more.. I believe she's at an adult size..

MorganK

Arachnopeon
Suspected female C. fimbriatus. When we did the rehousing she decided to walkabout. It wasn't a bolt - she was very calm, so we had this moment. I definitely wouldn't recommend doing this on purpose.

Attachments