Chilean Zebra

JasonCrowl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello folks. Just picked up a cute little Chilean Zebra at the pet store. I'm happy. Anyone know the best type of environment to keep it in? I assume its terrestrial, and I'd like to know how often to moisten the substrate? Eating habits? Attitude? Aggressive? Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks very much.......Jason

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I'm sorry, a what? That common name is a doozy (it turned up like 3 different species, one of which is a Nemesiidae). Scientific name? A pic would be helpful for those offering advice. And based on the questions, it might help to see your set-up so people can tell you if it's correct.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry, a what? That common name is a doozy (it turned up like 3 different species, one of which is a Nemesiidae). Scientific name? A pic would be helpful for those offering advice. And based on the questions, it might help to see your set-up so people can tell you if it's correct.
I second that, Belle, a what? LOL

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I third this. It's hard with common names. This is an issue in pretty much every field. Ex; One person may call a g. poteri a "Chilean Rose" or "Rose Hair" or "This Really Cool Spider That Comes From South America".
Show off your baby! Give us some pics!

DVMT

Arachnosquire
Since I am an expert, I'll chime in. The species you have, is in fact, a Brachypelma whatchamacallit.

You're welcome.

Damon

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
Holy hell, I am laughing like a mother at this thread. Thank you very much to last four people or so for that. The blurry picture one really had me going. Good stuff.

DVMT

Arachnosquire
Thank you...lol. But seriously OP......give us a pic, please.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
If it is Old World, my guess is an SBT (Striped Bitey Thing) All I know about those is that they are obligatory grazers.

Gratz on the new spider. Don't mind us, we're just having a bit of fun. Once folks pin down exactly what you have, they'll be sure to offer you sound advice. Until then, at least the thread is being kept alive.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My suggestion: The OP should do his pet a favor and become a responsible owner by doing the proper research BEFORE purchase.

You don't even know if it's a terrestrial or arboreal jeez.

Nothing like a new owner asking to be spoon fed answers to questions he can find on his own.

cold blood

Staff member
Not sure the op is too concerned, he started the thread and hasn't been back on AB since. He must not be too concerned about proper husbandry and habits, or even the actual species.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Nothing like a new owner asking to be spoon fed answers to questions he can find on his own.
The truly bizarre thing is it's not a new tarantula owner or ABer. And in his previous posts he uses scientific names; though there is a marked inclination towards asking similar questions. Makes me wonder if this is someone else on his account or if he's messing with us.