Chaerilus celebensis

atrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is any keeping Chaerilus celebensis or better yet selling them? These are really catching my eye. Also does anyone have husbandry information on them?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
these guys were all the rage a while back, i cant remember if anyone still has them or not. i do remember they are tiny, and do not flourece

john

atrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a species smaller than that now, so size isn't all that important to me.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey

i kept C.rectimanus, C.variegatus and C.celebenis a while back (3-4 years ago.. god i feel old)

they were fascinating to watch, but NEVER come out ever, haha :D

if you want them you'll need to invest in a large setup where you can comfortable watch at night, otherwise you'll only see them when you lift their hides, and they'll probably burrow anyway ;)

i was introduced to the species by some asian friends from singapore, and someone in germany who had babies (LUCK), in the end i had to import them from Philippenes (the c.celebenis)

not sure if the Philly boys still read here, but they were great guys to trade/deal with in Chaerilus

good luck

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's nice to know that there are still hobbyists who appreciate a neat looking scorp. Even though they are tiny, they are wonderful specimens to keep.

I believe I sent George specimens before. Unfortunately, I no longer ship.

Anyway, it just so happen that I went hunting last week and C. celebensis was one of the specimens we collected. I'm sharing this so as to give you an idea of their habitat.

The location is in my dad's coffee farm in Central Luzon. Elevation is at 500m above sea level. Temp. is cool at daytime 24C which dips at nighttime 18C. Humidity is between 60-80% depending on the season. They prefer moist environment. In this case they are found under fallen banana tree trunks where they share scrapes with 2 different dwarf tarantula species.

Where I found them.

Can you see me?

Sharing the same micro habitat.

atrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alakdan,

This is tremendous information. I try to understand the natural history of all my charges before ever taking them on. Thanks so very much. I feel better about trying to aquire some now.

Sincerely,

Justin