Ceratogyrus Id assistance

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really strange.
My marshalli's second band is much clearer. Even the spiders that are only 2.5 inches. And all my marshalli's have very defined black starburst patterns on their carapace, not as light as that one. Something just doesn't seem to fit with that one, but from the ventral pic, looks like marshalli.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Really strange.
My marshalli's second band is much clearer. Even the spiders that are only 2.5 inches. And all my marshalli's have very defined black starburst patterns on their carapace, not as light as that one. Something just doesn't seem to fit with that one, but from the ventral pic, looks like marshalli.
ya, I saw a ventral shot of one in the gallery. the lower and upper seemed as one solid piece. I agree, that there seems to be features that fit and don't fit. perhaps a hybrid?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IDK what that T is, but heres a ventral shot i just took of my C. darlingi (formerly bechuanicus). based on the shot of mine and the ventral shot from above the one thing that i can say is forsure not darlingi. hope this helps.

PS - Please O Please stop throwing around the hybrid ideas. ive seen so many picture threads in the last month where someone is spouting off at the mouth about a hybrid, its really driving me nuts. Thanks :rolleyes:

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
IDK what that T is, but heres a ventral shot i just took of my C. darlingi (formerly bechuanicus). based on the shot of mine and the ventral shot from above the one thing that i can say is forsure not darlingi. hope this helps.
wow. there is quite a difference in the stripes from marshalli n darlingi. thanks for sharing, it helps alot.

PS - Please O Please stop throwing around the hybrid ideas. ive seen so many picture threads in the last month where someone is spouting off at the mouth about a hybrid, its really driving me nuts. Thanks :rolleyes:
well, in a situation that involves a specimen that has some characteristics that fit one species and some that fit another and can not be identified one way or the other without 100%, unmistakable certainty, I believe it is necessary to way all options. it was merely a thought (and a logical one at that in my opinion), that this could be a hybrid. after all, there are hybrids all over the plant and animal kingdom. is it totally out of the realm of reason that some guy several years ago breed two different species together? perhaps he thought what he had was something other than what it was (and since it was given to me as a brachycephalus, it makes this possibility even more logical). you should never doubt the power of human influence on this world. all it takes is one case of mistaken identity to create a hybrid.

also, I do not recall "spouting off" at the mouth about it. it was mentioned (after a bit of a debate) only once briefly and it had a question mark right? which kinda throws it out there as something to just ponder to try to come to a conclusion, correct?. So, Please O Please keep these comments out of places were they do no good and help nothing, because it gets irritating seeing more and more people getting their panties in a twist about a VERY insignificant matter. why not create a "Don't Say Hybrid!!" vent thread if it bothers you that much, then you can say what you what in a place where someone might actually care about your opinions and feelings on the matter. thanks :rolleyes:

But I do appreciate your input on the identification matter, thanks for posting the pic. it really helps me a lot!

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Horny Feeling

Really strange.
Horned Baboons vary Greatly :cool: Even the Pics of c.b. Brachycephalus, seem to regularly {some have 2nd band, some do Not, from same clutch :?}
I was able to acurately identify my specimen though.....and she has rescently been mated, thanx to a very generous AB member w/ MM
{sent 4 FREE! :worship:}
@ my experience level w/ the Genus, the Horn helps to Identify - IMO - Jason

P.S. I made some "Hybrids" - LOL - and yes, Nice Pic Russell *wink* {I wont pinch-grab mine}

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
also, I do not recall "spouting off" at the mouth about it. it was mentioned (after a bit of a debate) only once briefly and it had a question mark right? which kinda throws it out there as something to just ponder to try to come to a conclusion, correct?. So, Please O Please keep these comments out of places were they do no good and help nothing, because it gets irritating seeing more and more people getting their panties in a twist about a VERY insignificant matter. why not create a "Don't Say Hybrid!!" vent thread if it bothers you that much, then you can say what you what in a place where someone might actually care about your opinions and feelings on the matter. thanks :rolleyes:
well outside of the fact you miss understood what i said it is important to understand that the more the word hybrid get tossed around the more people start to use it as an "out" to identify things. I bet with a bit more research this species could be easily identified. I didnt say YOU were spouting off at the mouth, i just said people in general. so please, with all due respect, dont get on my case about what i said when i was simply trying to make note that sometimes something "insignificant" can cause a lot of grief on these boards, which you have clearly proven by basically telling me to stuff it. thanks ;):clap:

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol!...kids these days. anyways, Thanks to all who have helped me identify this girl. It has been greatly appreciated.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
*Ding!* everyone to their Corners - LOL

well outside of the fact you miss understood what i said it is important to understand that the more the word hybrid get tossed around the more people start to use it as an "out" to identify things. I bet with a bit more research this species could be easily identified. I didnt say YOU were spouting off at the mouth, i just said people in general. so please, with all due respect, dont get on my case about what i said when i was simply trying to make note that sometimes something "insignificant" can cause a lot of grief on these boards, which you have clearly proven by basically telling me to stuff it. thanks ;):clap:
Ahhhh, come-on Russ....you know how Internet wording can cause "Perceived" Dis-respect, mis-communication, etc.
I kinda took it way he did, from your statement.....If I send you BOTH a FREE T, will ya agree to Squash like Pumpkin :razz:
Rescently you were quoted on AB as saying essentially the Whole Human Race, is = to Parasites! I see your angle and find you interesting & friendly guy - But I am Not a Parasite :p *Tee-Hee*
{although I may have 1 inside of me, from watching "Monsters Inside Me" Show :barf:}

no kidding? what did you breed together?
Well.....let's try to keep the Thread on-topic :D and friendly.....that discussion obviously will escalate to Not being so :cool:
{Now I get 2 "roll-eyes" :rolleyes:}