Centruroides sculpturatus communal

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got my scorpions in the tank, let me know what you think of it. Criticism is welcomed. :D

The Tank

A few shots of the scorpions.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some of those are definitely gravid if theyre adults.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some of those are definitely gravid if theyre adults.
I bought two of them as gravid. Do you think I should move them to their own separate enclosure now? Or wait until they pop? Their are only three in a ten gallon.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright I will separate them, can't do no harm right? :D

Better safe than sorry.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Alright I will separate them, can't do no harm right? :D

Better safe than sorry.
Nope, it can't do any harm.;)

The cage is terrible!

Nah, just kidding:D, it is actually quite good. Looked a little too humid though, I'm not worried about it but just to tell you so nothing happens.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nope, it can't do any harm.;)

The cage is terrible!

Nah, just kidding:D, it is actually quite good. Looked a little too humid though, I'm not worried about it but just to tell you so nothing happens.
I know, it has a lot of ventilation though so it should dry out pretty quick. :D Thank you for the heads up though.

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You don't have to separate them now, you can wait. But if you do it now it's easier then separating later, because once they have the babies you'll have to move the males.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, what the other's said, they do not need any humidity. And give them things to hide under and crawl around in. They love that. The babies will be easy to raise, these things breed like rabbits. They run around wild all over the place here.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
your tank looks ugly
decorate it better with maybe flat bark...or something...and good luck with getting babies
I could care less if it looks good or not as long as the scorpions are happy. :cool:

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
your tank looks ugly
decorate it better with maybe flat bark...or something...and good luck with getting babies
Tank looks ugly?

That is how you know the difference between an experienced keeper or somebody that's still new to the hobby most of the time.

Having all the fake plants, or even real plants, with this and that only give you more trouble then what it's worth. This is definitely true in the case if you keep more then a couple scorpions.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You need at least several hides for a colony.. They need 90 degree angles, and lots of things for them to pile on... they like to snuggle lol...

Don't just have one bark in there, give them more to climb on. They MUST have a sever angle to molt on....

The cage MUST be dry, give a small water dish with marbles in it... that'll help them from drowning themselves....

Ensure there is no way for them to climb out... Water spots to them equals a latter... keep the sides very clean. NO misting... just a little water dish is enough... I live with them, catch them in my house. Also any silicon on corners of the cage equals latter... ensure that they can not get out.... Their sting is not deadly.... but it HURTS!!! trust me... once more, I live with them, and have gotten a nice reminder just sitting at my computer that a toe in the wrong place is a bad thing lol... OUCH.

Purpleorange8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Told you they were gravid. ;) Don't make it moist, they don't mind, but they don't prefer it. Just put dry sand in there after baking the sand and put jagged rocks in there. That's all they need tbo. Oh and a water dish. Bark too. :) After all, they are called "Bark Scorpions".

k2power

Arachnoknight
I have a new small communal of these in a med sized critter keeper (5 animals). I also have an adult desert hairy that I have had for 9 months that has never been given water. People recommended giving these water. Should the desert hairy be getting water too? I have only cholla in the cage plus sand to reduce any possiblity of escape from climbing.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That enclosure is too moist, the way it was in the first two pics.....There should not be any condensation on the glass.....These guys come from arid, hot areas......

But I'll bet you knew that, and that in the meantime the enclosure became much drier... :)

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't trust keeping c. sculpts in a critter keeper.....they are notorious for flattening out and escaping.