Centipede vs Tarantula video

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CopperInMyVeins said:
My point is, which animal is a good pet, and which is just a feeder animal for your pets is in the eye of the beholder. Some people feed fish, lizards, rodents, even birds to invertebrate pets, and in all those cases, someone could argue that vertebrates are "higher" or "more complex" just as you did with the tarantula and roach. it all comes down to personal choice though, I'm sure there are some people out there who would rather keep a colony of Blaberus than a tarantula.
Ultimately, it is indeed in the 'eye of the beholder', and personal choice, as it is we who perform the action. The choice is dependant upon the line in the head, which is dependant upon how we view the world. There are still objective factors such as brain-size, potential longevity, presense of vocal chorts, and, perhaps a measure of 'biological complexity'. Granted, these are often thrown to the wind when it comes to evaluating a 'potentially fun feeder', but people that do that are either stupid, or are aware that they are walking one one end of a line.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, i wouldnt wanna give this as a suggestion to do so, *plz dont on my account :embarrassed:

So im not saying it would be, but i have doubts the pede would win if it ran into a T blondi burrow.:?
I saw a video of some venomous snake that entered a blondis burrow, the blondi won that. but if you put it with the pede into a new enclosure or something it wont stand a chance, in my experience with all my tarantulas at least, tarantulas take a little while to adapt to a new environment and often just curl up somewhere in the tank, and dont move far, or start webbing for a while, where as my pede was actively searching its enclosure for a while, testin all the hides.
though thats only MY opinion based on my own experience.
i haven't and dont intend to try this.
:)

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whoever filmed it was very good at cinematography :worship: Thats was an AWESOME show (I watched it a month or so ago) :D

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They should have put a 10" Blondi up against that pede and then see who ate who:eek: j/k

better yet, a mature P. murinus would have gone ballistic on that pede lol

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How did they strage the snake getting eaten? I thought that happened, just goes to show how naive I was. Is it not proper to stage these things, I always assumed that the discovery channel was above that behavior. I don't mind it if it happens naturally but I dont like the fact that a major education companu thingy would resort to this. What a waste of a good spider. Again if this happen naturally then I have no issues with it.

Drake Dracoli

Arachnopeon
[]Kaliningrad[] said:
They should have put a 10" Blondi up against that pede and then see who ate who:eek: j/k

better yet, a mature P. murinus would have gone ballistic on that pede lol
No. The pede would triumph. Your eight-legged kind sicken me.