Centipede ID and care please

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Hi,

much to my surprise I just found this little crawler when I did maintenance in my T. cyaneolum enclosure:

20190915_115018.jpg

So far, I learned that it's probably from the Cryptopidae genus, because this is the only genus you would find in Germany and the pictures on the internet fit. It's about 1/3"-1/2" long. Could someone tell me more?
How do I keep it (if I decide to keep it, that is ;))? What do they feed? What's a good enclosure? Substrate?

Any input is much appreciated. :)

Salvador

Arachnosquire
You also find members of Lithobiidae in Germany, which is what this one is ;) 15 legs pairs and alternating large and small segments. Cryptopidae have 21 leg pairs, no eyes, and the difference in segments is not as obvious.

Easy enough to keep. Substrate to burrow into, some moisture and they eat nearly anything, try prey about 2-3 times the size of the centipedes head.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Thanks a lot. That's really helpful. I never really researched centipedes in Germany. ;)

I think I'll give it some earth from my isopod culture, which will be moist and also should've some dwarf isopods in it. Would that be okay? Or should I be as careful as with my Ts when it comes to moulting and just feed it one feeder at a time? How much do they eat anyway? And how often would I feed them?

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
I agree on it being a lithobiid. As for care, I never intentionally cared for them, but there always were some around, they seem quite hardy. Good luck with keeping it. :)

my old post on these guys :D :
How to care for Lithobius:
1. Set up millipede enclosure, flower beetle enclosure or just potted plant.
2. Wait.
3. Enclosures and plant pots full of centipedes. :meh:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Haha, I actually have never seen a centipede "in the wild", this one's my first.

But thanks for your answer. I'll let him be, have some isopods and springtails in the soil and see how it goes. ;)