Centipede I.D.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Fun one. Tell me what this thing is. I have no access to this centipede for further photos. It’s a juvenile, 4-5”. Supposed locale is Indonesia but I’m uncertain. 21 legs. Majorly black body with slight green tint. Black antennae. Red legs with black tips, highly shown in other specimens I’ve seen. No photos of this centipede from other people I know.

Attachments

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
I have seen this species before, it was being referred to as Scolopendra sp. “Red/Black”. I'm in no way an expert in identification, but I will say that it kind of reminds me of the "Javan Toxic Tip", although those have black antennae with orange legs that have black tips.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
I have seen this species before, it was being referred to as Scolopendra sp. “Red/Black”. I'm in no way an expert in identification, but I will say that it kind of reminds me of the "Javan Toxic Tip", although those have black antennae with orange legs that have black tips.
This is what’s being sold as “Javan toxic tips”. For some reason he threw Java on there even though it’s an undetermined locale. I don’t believe that these are the same as “Red/Black” either. There are several anatomic differences between both but I dont have a specimen of either so I can’t confirm that.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Whatever these Indo Blacktips are it is certainly not the same as Toxic Tip. The terminals are short and moderately thick like japonica or mutilans. Coloration is more like japonica. Locality seems to be off for that but japonica can be seen as far south as Taiwan, so it's probable that they exist in Indonesia.

That really didn't help with ID though. Terminal spines, toothplate, the whole anatomical lot would probably be needed for a proper ID.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, they're certainly not the same as those Scolopendra sp. "Toxic tip/Thai jewel" that Mike's House of a Thousand Legs has/had. The Thai jewels look more like giant hainanum plings.