Caught a scorp

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay so I need a good site to id it as I take crarpy photos and doubt you could identify them by that. I do know its about two inches in lengh and most likely male. the female I cuaght of this species I never could get identified and was about 3" in lengh..

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay it has a small baby roach in there with it [big enough for it to notice but not too big to intimidate] now the qquestion is if its a juvie male how long till it settles in. the same if is an adult male.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
upload some photos anyway, and the location you caught it, at least ppl might be able to identify genus

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
MT roobadoo [spelling big time LOL] here in riverside california.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres a pic of a female and juvie of the same species I caught. [unfortuenetly I don't have them anymore :(]

>>Female<<

>>Juvie<<
the one I'm in possession in now is somewhere in between size wize but I'm not sure if its a full grown male or not.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is their a lighter colour form as that one looks to dark and possibly a thinner tale.. bare with me as I have very poor web camness...lol

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think I found what it is.
1. Common name: Dune Scorpion
2. Scientific Name: Smeringurus mesaensis
what should I look at to make sure that this is the scopr I have atm?

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hrm. it says the temps I should keep it in is 90-95 [thats hot dangit lol!] only problem is it falls lower then 90 here during the night [isn that when their active?] and the house stays around 80 during the day. I could put him outside during the day but then he doesn't eat then?

BTw hes burrowed under a piece of bark that I placed in his kk today and I haven't seen anymovement at all yet :) I'm hopping he might molt as that is the only reason for him burrowing like that that I can think of.

Invert Nerd

Arachnopeon
a nifty trick i use to cycle heat is put the heat mat(side of tank not under) on a cheap wal mart eletrical timer. 12 on, 12 off. i noticed my A.A. seemed to enjoy the change. good luck with them.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think those are S mesaensis or a H spandix. I think its a Vaejovid.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pandinus got a positive id for me
V. waeringi
Sorry for the confusion
Are V. waeringi communal?