Care for Scolopendra/Ethmostigmus sp. Buton Black?

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I keep mine in the mid-high 70s on wet cocoa coir, since it is just a small pling. They've been pretty hardy and take down prekilled roaches every week.

I keep mine in the mid-high 70s on wet cocoa coir, since it is just a small pling. They've been pretty hardy and take down prekilled roaches every week.
I avoid Coco coir like the plague with centipedes because it can get caught in their digestive track and kill them from impaction.

Humidity, size, hardiness, temperament, etc. Any help is appreciated.
Buton Black is Scolopendra, likely Subspinipes. Certainly not ethmostigmus 🤠. I keep mine at a balance between humid and dry and I never let the substrate stay damp but I also never let it get bone dry either. They can get fairly large, prolly averaging around 8-9 inches. They're fairly hardy, mine is being treated for an impaction and I've been successful in dislodging whatever was causing it with a little massage in the affected area, and this was 3 or so weeks ago when I noticed the issue. Their temperament is less agreeable than some but not totally unreasonable. Just gotta treat em right and give gentle rubs like any centipede.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I avoid Coco coir like the plague with centipedes because it can get caught in their digestive track and kill them from impaction.
it’s just a pling barely an inch so impactipn isn’t a big risk right now. When it grows I’ll adjust accordingly