Cant always see your Ts that burrow. This is what i did.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im sure other people do this or I could be wrong. I have a P.Irminia sling about maybe 1". I made two hide outs for it. One oboreal hide out made out of cork bark, the second hide out I poked a hole up against the wall of the container where i can see. He made a little hide out under the substrate and extended it above the substrate. Let me see if i can completly describe what its done. He's used to substrate to block himself not from my angle but the other angle, i can clearly see him 24/7, he cant see me because he's always walking along the containers wall, sometimes if something spooks him he goes in a nest at the bottom that goes inward where i cant see. But he's always hanging out at the top. So its cool i can constantly see him, and i know if its to bright he would just go deeper and hide but he chooses not to. SO this is what i have done im not sure if its suitable, not recomending it.. Just throwing the idea out. Also im looking for opinions. So this was a premade tunnel before i put him in, he just walked around a little and went in it, and chose it to be his home.

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here right now he's eating a cricket so you can only see his butt. he's usually right at the top of the entrance. That shadow bugs, but thats the flash doing it because the camera is so close to the container. If you look at the bottom thats him with his butt in the air. He's usually 99 percent of the time towards the top. But all that substrate there he pulled up and made, i simply just poked a hole. The hole i poked is exactly were he is inline with the substrate so everything above him he created. Oh by the way, I captured something that i think is unusual im not sure if anyone has seen before. He caught a cricket shortly after it died, He grabbed onto the leg with his fange and started doing a circle and ripped off the leg, and then later he ate it! Now that reminded me of a thing crocidiles do called the "death roll" He used that method to remove its leg. Has anyone seen that before?

Last edited:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lucky you get to see him! I have a 7" C.Crawshayi (King Baboon) that I haven't seen in months. She just keeps digging different chambers out. At first she was right against the back glass wall of her enclosure, later that filled in and she dug out at one end and I could see her there. Now-who knows.
She must be in the middle somewhere as there is no visible trace of her on any sides. Every few days I find new piles of substate on top and maybe a golf ball sized opening, then she changes it. :wall:

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heres some more shots.

Here this is were he always hangs out. I swear hes the hungriest little T i have! I just gave him a cricket yesterday and he's waiting for another. I think he's got a little deep freezer down there, he must catch these crickets and then save them for a rainy day. No way he's hungry again. This second shot is of my brachy vegans, what i did i took a piece of plastic much like what mattell uses to package there toy hotwheel cars in. I just cut an entrance on it, then dug it into the ground and threw substrate on it. So its his little hide out, then when im curious if he's molted i just move the substrate to the side then i can take a quick glance (trying not to disturb him to much). Then when im done looking i just quickly and quietly cover him back up. I took a pic looks like he molted a week ago and he's much bigger, i dont know if you guys can see the molt in there with him. He had his first cricket last night since his molt.

Last edited:

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that is pretty cool, i think i saw someone once have some pipe, cut across in half.......then placed to the side of the container.
The T- hid there quite a bit, and was still visible.

I always thought to myself; that a hamster cage would always seem to cool to have as an enclosure.
http://www.hamster-palace.com/images/hamster-extreme.jpg
^like that

Randomhero148

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya i think thats the way to go, but i think on the outside right were you can see him you should use something to cover him up durring the day maybe like a mini curtain. Then when you wanna take a look you just move it aside.