Can you recommend pet store or breeder in PA/NY?

Shanigirl

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I have been wanting to get a few more T's and have had a hard time finding a good exotic pet shop or breeder in the PA, NY state area or if I have to drive...NJ or the 5 NYC boroughs.

I have checked the Pet store reviews in this website, but I don't see anything near where I live.

I think it is way too cold to ship right now. Also, does anyone know of shows that come into this area or in or around the Northeast US? Thanks for any info you can send...I still have my G. pulchra fever! ;)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Tarantulas are illegal in NYC, you won't find them there. I don't recommend buying from pet-shops, I have personally never seen one I would recommend. I purchase all of my animals online from breeders, dealers, and other hobbyists.

Shanigirl

Arachnopeon
So, is is OK to ship in extremely cold weather?! I was trying to avoid that because it has been in the single digits here and with the wind chill, negative temps at times. I am not against dealing with a breeder, was just hoping it was in my area or vacinity. Thanks!

funguy@heart

Arachnopeon
Great looking spider and centipedes

I buy most of my tarantulas from a pet store in Seaford. D n J Reptiles on 107. About 2 miles north of sunrise highway. I just bought a beautiful 5inch Panama Black Birdeater for $80. The weather has been too cold for shipping. Sucks because I ordered a Burgandy Goliath 2 weeks ago. Still waitng.:mad:

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, is is OK to ship in extremely cold weather?! I was trying to avoid that because it has been in the single digits here and with the wind chill, negative temps at times. I am not against dealing with a breeder, was just hoping it was in my area or vacinity. Thanks!
Heat pack is what they will use for low temps. I would rather wait for temps to get higher though.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I buy most of my tarantulas from a pet store in Seaford. D n J Reptiles on 107. About 2 miles north of sunrise highway. I just bought a beautiful 5inch Panama Black Birdeater for $80. The weather has been too cold for shipping. Sucks because I ordered a Burgandy Goliath 2 weeks ago. Still waitng.:mad:
yeah, i love that place. i go there pretty often when i get out of college.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Well its not impossible. I've shipped in really low temps(of course with a heat pack) and the T arrived very lively and in perfect condition. If you order online, make sure you get dealers guarantee of live arrival and make sure you order it to be shipped for next day delivery. Even in very low temperatures, the dealer can always pack in as many heat packs as needed to counteract the cold.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
"Pick up only. I am in Tyler Texas and will drive up to one hour to meet buyer."

"I will ship but only Fedex or UPS due to extreme weather...I got what I wanted on a trade with other stuff. No trades just sell outright. Thanks!"