Can two H.Hottentotta get along is the same enclosure?

Wiz

Arachnopeon
I have two 2instar H.Hottenttota scorplings. Unfortunately I got them separately. Could I put them in the same enclosure without worrying if they'll eat or kill each other?

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
I've always understood that this species is cannibalistic and cant be kept together

arachnid dude

Arachnopeon
Years ago when I kept this species I had a small group (6) of these guys and they all did fine, however I did keep them well fed and had many hiding spots, but YMMV. You could just wait until they're adults.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The best thing is always to keep Arachnids, in captivity (since "the wild" is another, complete, different story) separately. Life is hard, son. Life is hard. But, wait... they wouldn't miss their "Bro & Sis" at all, doh! :pompous:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep them separate, especially if they're small. You can try keeping them together as adults if you really want, but I wouldn't just in case. If you really want to though, they need plenty of hides and need to be fed very frequently.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As adults, they are perfectly fine together

At younger stages, they dont fare as well, and will be opportunistically cannibalistic. As with everything in nature, individuals in their actions, temperaments, etc will all differ, and while your two may do fine together, others may not. There is no absolute, and as others have stated, it is recommended to raise them separately.

theghost910

Arachnopeon
Hottentotta hottentotta, I have kept them for a while you can never keep them together when they are young however from subadult on they're very communal will not fight and have never showed any signs of aggression towards one another I currently have three that I keep and A 5 by 5 gallon zilla critter cage. This is a very docile scorpion species even towards each other however they are hot so do not handle

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hottentotta hottentotta, I have kept them for a while you can never keep them together when they are young however from subadult on they're very communal will not fight and have never showed any signs of aggression towards one another I currently have three that I keep and A 5 by 5 gallon zilla critter cage. This is a very docile scorpion species even towards each other however they are hot so do not handle
I've never kept Hottentottas communually. However i have 2 6i Hottentotta Judaicus and 1 5i. Maybe once they're all grown i can give it a shot. But yeah I'd wait until they're adults before housing them together

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This man knows what he's talking about!
As adults, they are perfectly fine together

At younger stages, they dont fare as well, and will be opportunistically cannibalistic. As with everything in nature, individuals in their actions, temperaments, etc will all differ, and while your two may do fine together, others may not. There is no absolute, and as others have stated, it is recommended to raise them separately.