Can t.bondi have pink feet? ANSWER PLEASE.

lant

Arachnopeon
Last time, i questioned for
't. blondi have pink feet'
that FRAN answered me
"Theraphosa blondi can have light pink metatarsi/tarsi (Feet)."
(thank for this answer.)
but.. After reading answers
I looked for a similar post.

in the other post, i discovered similar to my question.

and, somebody answered for question.
"t. blondi have not pink peet."

why? exist conflicting opinion?
i hope acquire 'accurate conclusion'

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
You cannot answer that question with certainty unless you have seen every single specimen of T. blondi there is.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is an on going debate. Your responses will be riddled with terms such as 'new species', 'same species', 'phase', 'hybrid', 'muddied genetics'.

You won't have a straight forward answer as this question frequently comes up here on AB.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Fran was correct.

Just because it has pink feet does not mean its not a T.blondi. That being said, it is easier to provide a picture to ID the spider.

lant

Arachnopeon
That's still ongoing debate. so, That nothing is yet unknown? i didn't konw. Anyway thank for answer!

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do some reading on Theraphosa sp. Burgundy to see the debate on all the invert boards. It's really interesting.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Till someone comes with reasonable science to back this thing up, theres nothing that tells me that those T's can not be T .Blondi.

Buckwheat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you are still not sure about the answers here why not consult someone with a bit more expertise on the subject? try contacting Rick C. West @
http://www.birdspiders.com Rick is good at answering reasonable questions that are not a waste of his time. He is considered one of the world's leading experts on tarantulas. Just a thought.

Good luck

*POOF*

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I support the theory that the spiders imported the last few years from Guyana that lack long hair on there patella , have spiderlings with pink/white feet., are different from the T. blondi we use to see years ago from French Guiana or Suriname that have fuzzy long hair on the patella , and only have s'lings with brown feet.

Thats enough evidence for me to keep them separate.

later, Tom