can sombody answer my question on LYCHAS MACRONATUS

music

Arachnopeon
Are LYCHAS MACRONATUS (chinese swimming scorpions);rare in the united states....Reason for my question is I have been googling,and searching all over the internet the only thing showing up for me are breeders overseas...........And if I would get lucky enough to find in the united states,are they a species worth while to breed...

I found captive breeding information on them thet seem to be easy to breed....

I noticed with my experience,that I have trouble selling small species of scorpions....if anybody could give me ideas of other scorpion species to further expand my collection,that i would not have a problem selling if I have babies.Aggresive species work for me as long as they are not life-threatning(HOT!)

Already have 3 species of Rhopalurus.....Junceus,pintoi,and garridoi.....just want anybody's suggestions to give more variouty of other species that I can sell when babies emerge....thanks jerry

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well its really hard to sell small species of scorpions. If you want to breed some best sellers I suggest go with high-end Heterometrus species and some Babycurus species.

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
maybe the reason you find it hard to learn about these stinging beauties is because you spelled it incorrectly.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really Voldemort? Try being nice, you might like it.

Op, Scorpion sales are a small market. There are very few ways to make money with scorpions. The only two i'm aware of, but do not encouage for multiple obvious reasons, are A: getting very rare to u.s. Species that will be popular and B. Selling overseas without permits. These are both bad ideas. A lot of things can go wrong, and even if they don't, the money is generally not going to be much to speak of anyway. If you need to make money, I would suggest doing something else. If you want to enjoy the experience, learn, do research, make friends around the cho untry and world, and if you want access to rarer species, then by all means breed. But hope to pay for your hobby, not make money. :) tbc

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This species was recently for sale in the U.S.;) I have sent you a PM.

It might be best to wait until a smaller species is at an older instar before selling them...

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
con't..

Some ideas

right or wrong, bigger is better for sales. In this business, you can't be in a big hurry to make sales. If you get a rare brood, put the price where you want it, then wait to get it. Just remember, you may be waiting for a year or more. Sub adults/adults sell quicker. You may be better of growing scorps out before selling them, but this can be a long term commitment with most species.

Another route you could take is getting your import/export permit. This is expensive, but if you have or can make good international contacts, could provide you the only u.s. Specimens of cool species. If you can collect or obtain the rarer/cooler u.s. species, you could likely trade for these rarer species.

Cool species? That depends who you are asking. I love our dwarf Vaejovis species. I know people who's taste run any imaginable direction. Some like big, some small, some hot, some not. Newish and interesting are always good. There are lots of top 10 type threads. Read those. Also, research. But keep in mind, that if they are easy to get, they aren't that rare. However, there are sometimes cool imports that come in and buyers don't breed, you can get lucky. tbc

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't encourage brownboxing. Find someone in the states.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't encourage brownboxing. Find someone in the states.
Hey grom! If you are referring to me, re read my posts please. I warn against brown bagging and suggest the option of getting permit. If my posts are not clear, I am NOT suggesting importing or exporting illegally. It may be a little more proffitable, until you get fined or jailed, then not so much. :)

Op, one last suggestion for tonight...
more and better pictures/videos/information you provide, the more valuable your scorps are, whatever species they may be. ;)

Peace, r

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really Voldemort? Try being nice, you might like it.

tbc
am I not nice?

IME hold on to some common scorpions you have, there will come a time when common scorpions become rare and rare scorpions become common.

as for the Lychas mucronatus, they will be sub adult in almost half a year unlike some bigger species that took too long to mature.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your spelling comment wasn't friendly.

Centroides vittatus are communal, breed easily and often, and mature quickly. Some of the rarer color forms would serve you well.

music

Arachnopeon
by the way VOLDEMORT I found information just fine even though I made a mistake spelling...I cannot find these species in states..........I have all care info........I don't have a problem selling any rare species....just small ones don't sell..

And NOMADINEXILE it is not about making money with me so don't make it sound that way,and I would have to say I disagree that scorpions are a small market...where I set up at it is all about color,and how rare scorpions are.I have already sold tons of them I breed....the amount of money I put into scorpion species at one time they have to be sold or,I set on large amounts of scorpions...I sell roaches like crazy and make alot of money off them scorpions are my passion...a expantion at my tables....I don't buy a couple of babies here and there when I find the rare species I spend money on a big group so there for when they are all raised then it is a massive group already ready to be sold...
So therefore when I buy I buy to establish right away...not to keep building in three years....that is my passion.......if sounds rude;I'm not being rude I'm saying it straight out....thanks for your imput

jerrymmonday

Arachnopeon
by the way VOLDEMORT I found information just fine even though I made a mistake spelling...I cannot find these species in states..........I have all care info........I don't have a problem selling any rare species....just small ones don't sell..

And NOMADINEXILE it is not about making money with me so don't make it sound that way,and I would have to say I disagree that scorpions are a small market...where I set up at it is all about color,and how rare scorpions are.I have already sold tons of them I breed....the amount of money I put into scorpion species at one time they have to be sold or,I set on large amounts of scorpions...I sell roaches like crazy and make alot of money off them scorpions are my passion...a expantion at my tables....I don't buy a couple of babies here and there when I find the rare species I spend money on a big group so there for when they are all raised then it is a massive group already ready to be sold...
So therefore when I buy I buy to establish right away...not to keep building in three years....that is my passion.......if sounds rude;I'm not being rude I'm saying it straight out....thanks for your imput

Well I dont know about any others But I for one would love to have some and Have tried a few time to get a hold of some so if you do let me know I want some bad

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"...So therefore when I buy, I buy to establish right away...not to keep building in three years....that is my passion....."
I currently have 2 trios of L. mucronatus, would love to help you out but the distance barrier makes it impossible. With these species, even if you got them at 2i you will only need less than a year to have scorplings.

Good luck

music

Arachnopeon
Thanks voldemort for your willingness to want to help.....how are the c.nigrescens to keep and breed,they seem like an interesting species to me.thank you for all your help everyone

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks voldemort for your willingness to want to help.....how are the C.nigrescens to keep and breed,they seem like an interesting species to me.thank you for all your help everyone
they are really interesting, first of all their slings look like the common Centruroides species like C. marga/C. vit/C.hentzi but from 4i onwards it darkens.

they are also fun to watch especially during prey capturing, matures fast and bigger than common barks. I got mine as 2is and all of them reached maturity w/out a single mortality.

mike

music

Arachnopeon
wow mike that is very awsome.I am going to get into C.nigrescens captive breeding on this species...always looking for interesting rare scorpion species to breed here in united states.thanks jerry

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You don't offend me. I am not attached to others thoughts of me anymore. But really, I didn't understand much of what you were trying to convey anyway. But that's okay. I'm indifferent. I'm just trying to be helpful. As for the money comment, it was brought up because of your multiple references to selling quickly. That makes me believe you want to make money. If you had said, "where can I get these because they are so cool, I want to learn about them and trade slings for other cool species...", I wouldn't have said that. But sales mean money, and quick sales mean profit, to me. But I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. Good luck finding them.

So therefore when I buy I buy to establish right away...not to keep building in three years....that is my passion.......if sounds rude;I'm not being rude I'm saying it straight out....thanks for your imput[/QUOTE]

Ivymike1973

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have been looking into importing some scorps from overseas.
Getting an import/export license isn't very expensive ($100 for new and $50 to renew each year)
There is an inspection fee that you have to pay with each shipment but isn't outrageous if you are bringing in a decent sized shipment.
You would also need to check with your state agencies to see if they require anything but California does not (at least that is what they told me)
I am not planning on getting a license because I have no plans to sell them but the costs don't seem prohibitive to me if you want to get some species that are rare in the US to breed and sell.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It may have changed, but i'm pretty sure a couple of years ago, a permit set cost around $3000 I believe. It takes a while to get them all, and that doesnt include a specific import, but just you permits. It was unfeasable for most, including myself, when I was looking into it. Some here have done it, i'd love to hear from them.

music

Arachnopeon
that's okay nomadinexile,I thought you may have just misunderstood what i was trying to say...