Can my scorpion injuse its self trying to escape?

voodoo chile

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have a 4 inch Emperor Scorpion (Travis). This is my first scorpion, but I do keep tarantula's. I transfered him into a larger enclosure today. Its a plastic critter keeper 15 inch aprox until he gets larger, its ample room. Well since I put him in, He has been trying to get out & can climb on the air vent slots around the upper part & the lid. He sticks his legs through the slots. My worry is him injuring himself. I don't think his pincher's are strong enough to break the slots either. Will it calm down when it settles in? Also I don't want him to hurt himself!

Thanks for reading

Voodoo

joshb

Arachnopeon
I don't think he will injure himself if I'm thinking of the same little enclosure you mentioned. I would keep an eye on him though and make sure he does start to settle in within a day or two. Just make sure he isn't seeming to be running from something that is unsettling about his new home. Give him a chance and I bet he chills out. Keep us updated on how he's doing...

voodoo chile

Arachnopeon
He settled in front his heat mat for now, I might buy a slightly taller critter keeper as its a low type & I want to put nice deep substrate in for him.