can i trick my obt

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
most all of my baby Obts web there container up Insanely... sorry you dont got webbers like me :(
They are in small containers "fit to there size" with a little bit of substrate... all are like fully webbed

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, well see after "her" next molt ultum.. im gonna take out a bit more of the sub. there is like 3" or a bit more in there now, but i plan on taking some out to wee what it does. "she" doesnt really climb too much or often so im not worried about it falling

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ouch... NOBODY ELSE wants to take a shot at sexing huh?? i have the same pics posted in the correct forums as well. Ive gotten 2 responses, however i need a UNANIMOUS decision to satisfy my curious mind

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty sure it's female. OBT males are pretty obvious

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks jeff. I been thinkin girl myself since she was like 2.5-3" just never knew for sure. I dont see all the extra hair covering the furrow so..

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pretty sure theres a furrow - female.
the more moist my obt was the less it webbed, the drier it was the more it webbed
(i know that obts prefer dry but I believe they can handle pretty much anything from the (40 - 70% humidity comfortably).

RyanW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Another T is a great answer to this problem. I keep most of my T's in Acrylic or plastic containers, I read a while ago that tarantulas can attach their web to plastic/acrylic a lot easier than glass. This could have something to do with it..

---------- Post added 04-17-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

I didnt see that there were already three pages and the topic sort of switched....... Oh well, it looks like a girl to me.

ArachnoEvans

Arachnopeon
If she's burrowed, she's happy so i wouldn't take that away from her. My LP started to make burrows so i took some substrate out and she got really pissy so i changed it again because it was happy, indivdiuals do vary

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if i DO do anything i am still leavin SOME substrate. i will leave the bottom of the tank with like 2" of coco, then add some decoration. IF i can find a PU male or MM i will prob leave her alone. I want a male in case my (and others) guess is right. soon as she molts i wanna dive into my 2nd breeding project. STILL waiting on a PU male regalis to molt so i can pair him with a HUGE female i got as well

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
Yeah gotta love the waiting game for Males. I have a few that I am impatiently waiting for... Molt darn you! :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:mad::wall::wall::mad:
Yeah gotta love the waiting game for Males. I have a few that I am impatiently waiting for... Molt darn you! :)
i never thought getting a male would be so hard... let alone waiting for them to mature.... i am a man with little patience lol. LOVE instant gratification

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
I am just glad that they mature fast. I have a female P.fasciata that is "hurtin for a squirtin" from my immature male who just molted and darn it still not mature!!! Lol!

Jared781

Arachnobaron
I dont want to be seen as "needy".. could you post a pic of the Enclos.? just for an update? ahaa