Can I house desert cockroachs with desert beetles?

Felix S

Arachnopeon
I'm planning to do a community desert bug terrarium in a 10 gallon.
Here is what I was thinking on stocking:
2 Egyptian Desert Roaches
2 Desert Ironclad Beetle
3 Blue Death Feigning Beetle
2 Darkling Beetles
2 Gold Desert Millipedes

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
the adults will be okay, but those beetles and their larvae will kill them as they molt and will eat loose oothecae

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Like @Smokehound714, adults of all those species could coexist very nicely, however the Tenebrionid larvae will eat the roaches' ooths and quite possibly molting nymphs.

I kept two male Coelocnemis californica with my Polyphaga aegyptiaca for several years, they coexisted very nicely, the beetles never harmed the roaches in any stage of their lives. :)

Felix S

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys so much for the advice. I will make sure to just put adults into the terrarium.

Felix S

Arachnopeon
the adults will be okay, but those beetles and their larvae will kill them as they molt and will eat loose oothecae
Got it. I wasn't planning on breeding anything, but that is good to know. I will add each bug at a time, each once they are adults. Again, thank you so much for the advice!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Remember to keep it a bit more moist/add more substrate than you would for a regular darkling setup. The roaches need at least a moist corner and the millis need burrowing room.